• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steelhead
    258 I6
    • Feb 11, 2002

recommendations for FSJ car cover?

I'm going to be storing the 77 w/t in an area that gets lots of hot sun, dust storms, wind and snow. I'm looking for a tough affordable cover that will fit well and either has lots of grommets or could be heavily grommetted so that I can tie it tight under the jeep. Apparently other vehicle owners that have stored here in the past have opted for no cover after their covers were blown and shredded to pieces. I'm thinking that if done right I could avoid this same fate.

Any suggestions? thanks, duncan
    ---'76 Chief, 401 rebuild, custom springs - 5" rear, 4" front, 32s, manual front hubs, 44 gal. tank (w/aux), Carter 9635, HEI, Edelbrock manifold, Crane cam, dual side exhaust---

• Steelhead
    258 I6
    • Feb 11, 2002

bumpity-bump
    ---'76 Chief, 401 rebuild, custom springs - 5" rear, 4" front, 32s, manual front hubs, 44 gal. tank (w/aux), Carter 9635, HEI, Edelbrock manifold, Crane cam, dual side exhaust---

Comment

• Greenfire
      350 Buick
      • Nov 13, 2004

I have a "California Car Cover".. made to fit perfectly. However when it is windy you need to provide additional means of securing.

I think they have several different kinds for various conditions.
      1984 J10

Comment

• Greenfire
        350 Buick
        • Nov 13, 2004

Maybe they would have something to for windy conditions?
        1984 J10

Comment

• thedave
          232 I6
          • Mar 14, 2007

I think I saw a silver tarp at Harbor Freight pretty cheap... even has a whole bunch of eyelits.
          1979 Cherokee Chief Wide Track
          AMC 360, TH400, QT, Warn Locking Hubs

Comment

• 2003 mcs
            327 Rambler
            • Nov 01, 2003

Originally posted by Greenfire
            I have a "California Car Cover".. made to fit perfectly. However when it is windy you need to provide additional means of securing.

I think they have several different kinds for various conditions.
            Same here, it wasn't cheap $$, but it was certainly worth the money. Handled the snow and ice handily.. It still cost less than the Optima red top (do anything possible to rationalize the cost).
            2013 Mini Paceman
            1985 Jeep GW (coolant leak again!)
            1979 Ford Fiesta

Comment

• uglyjeepling
              350 Buick
              • Feb 01, 2003

Originally posted by thedave
              I think I saw a silver tarp at Harbor Freight pretty cheap... even has a whole bunch of eyelits.
              Yeah I got one of those car covers for cheap also. Neighbors just love that cover. So does my HOA.
              Matt 'Captain 'insert new stupid thing I did here''

"H2's are like sphincters, they're all crappy...and now Chinese."

'79 WT Cherokee, Black Stock Rims, BJ's Aluminum Radiator, 31" Firestone Destination M/T, PowerTrax No-Slip Locker, Hurculined passenger area, Holley Electronic Fuel Pump, TFI!!

'64 Mercury Comet Cyclone. Stock.

Comment

• Menace
                258 I6
                • Jun 02, 2006

Originally posted by Steelhead
                I'm going to be storing the 77 w/t in an area that gets lots of hot sun, dust storms, wind and snow. I'm looking for a tough affordable cover that will fit well and either has lots of grommets or could be heavily grommetted so that I can tie it tight under the jeep. Apparently other vehicle owners that have stored here in the past have opted for no cover after their covers were blown and shredded to pieces. I'm thinking that if done right I could avoid this same fate.

Any suggestions? thanks, duncan
                Duncan
                I have one on my 78 Chief from California Car Covers. I ordered it for my wifes 94 2 door Blazer and it fits my Cherokee perfect. It even covers up the pre-runner front bumper. I think it was the Evo 2 cover or something like that. If my Cherokee sits outside I throw the silver tarp over the car cover for a little added protection.
                Dennis

Comment

• chrisnsarah
                  360 AMC
                  • Sep 24, 2000

I bought a cheap gray indoor cover, and then threw a silver costco tarp over that and bungeed and ratchet strapped it from underneath. It took 3 years for the silver tarp to rot away. Those costco tarps are good.
                  '64 J200 thriftside
                  '67 J2000 townside custom cab
                  '68 Jeepster Commando
                  '69 Super Wagoneer
                  '75 J10
                  '79 Cherokee S WT
                  '75 Cherokee
                  '61 Aristocrat Lil Loafer

Comment

Working...
                  X