• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m0rgant0r
    230 Tornado
    • Sep 07, 2014

never ever ever

Do not order from TGW unless you are 1000% sure the parts are going to fit. I have a '65 and the door seals are the kind you have to glue to the door. I had hoped the later would fit but no... they will not return your call, they will not answer your email... 100% they'll leave you hangin'.

It was so bad that I reported them to the BBB after months of ignoring my requests for a return. They couldn't even get a reply out of them. The claim on the site that they guarantee returns is a BIG FAT LIE.

MD in SF
    ---
    Fastener Removal Expert!

Comment

• Distordera
      230 Tornado
      • Jul 18, 2016

Originally posted by billyrb
      Distordera, is yours a 1979 or earlier? If so, those models will have a small gap at the upper vent window hinge as the replacement seals were designed based on a 1980-later model. We have a 1979-down version in the works that should eliminate that gap.
      Also, did you clean out the fresh air intake behind the left and right kick-panels? That is a MAJOR source for water leaks in the FSJ.
      It's an '81.
      I sat in the truck with the door panels of and let my wife spray the truck with water and it was then I saw that water is leaking between the stripes for the side window and the vent window.

Comment

• billyrb
        BJ's Off-Road
        • Aug 15, 2001

The new seals should have solved that issue. Is your latch not pulling it tight? Can you take a short video and email it to me at [email protected]?
        BJ's Off-Road
        [email protected]
        Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• SJTD
          304 AMC
          • Apr 26, 2012

I'm cornfused.

How does the door seal have an effect on a leak between the window and vent window?
          Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• GrandWagoneer87
            230 Tornado
            • May 09, 2017

Glad they're not just picking on me! They never answer my calls or reply to my vmail or email. They sent me the wrong carpet color. I'll go the route of letting the BBB know my issues and see if I can get anything out of them.

Comment

• SJTD
              304 AMC
              • Apr 26, 2012

I hope you used a credit card. Then it should be a simple matter of canceling the payment.

I would think that would get their attention.

The important thing is not to wait. Based on their reputation I think I would give them one business day to respond then escalate.
              Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

Working...
              X