Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tech Archives > Engine

Old 05-24-2007, 09:22 AM
350 Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTUS
Good start to the article. Pad much?

Ever thought of posting this on a webpage complete with links and pictures instead of a thread? Just curious is all.

When this is finished it will definately be archive material.

I considered posting this on a webpage, however, I actually decided to post here for several reasons.

1. I have always had a warm reception on this board and you guys have answered my questions without hesitation no matter how stupid it was or how often it had been asked. Try asking a question on some of the other boards out there and see what happens! Some of them are ok but there are some where they might tear off your head, resort to name-calling or who knows what else. (Not all of them are like this so don't take offense anyone). Secondly, some of the other sites are pay sites, this board has always remained free and I have noticed like a 98 percent comradery level here. Some of the other boards are flame wars galore!

2. If I post it on a website then others can access it. It isnt that I am hiding it but I feel that those who want to access the info should become members of this board. You guys have always treated me well and I feel a certain level of loyalty to this board. Hence it would be a great tech article. I would not mind sharing the article with others out there with AMC engines, maybe the board administrators can start up a sister site, like a cj board or a alternative vehcile amc board (JAvelin etc) Just a thought.

3. If I do put it on a website then I have to design it etc. (I know that there are one sout there that are easily set up etc, however I like to design my own webpages etc so that I can put my own flavor on it.

Upgrades

1. Electric Radiator Fan 10/15/11
2. Cs-144 Alt 10/1/11

(Wip)
1. TBI
2. New fuel tank
3. AW-4 Transmission
4. Aluminum condensor
5. Custom Gauge Panel

Last edited by Wagoneerlover : 05-24-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:35 AM
350 Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdez Explorer
You have me thinking. I have spare TB parts in storage.....

Go for it!!! the more articles and people who attempt this the better! I cannot stress how important it is for others to post articles and information. More importantly, you probably have most of the things you need already and the expense would but drastically cut down.

Upgrades

2. Cs-144 Alt 10/1/11

(Wip)
1. TBI
2. New fuel tank
3. AW-4 Transmission
4. Aluminum condensor
5. Custom Gauge Panel
Old 05-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Gear Head

Don't know if you haven't got to it, or missed it, but an electric fuel pump should be added to the list of parts.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:58 PM
350 Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpack09
Don't know if you haven't got to it, or missed it, but an electric fuel pump should be added to the list of parts.

10-4 no problem I havent gotten to it yet. The whole write up is still a huge work in progress. There are some other parts that I intend to add to the list as well.

Upgrades

2. Cs-144 Alt 10/1/11

(Wip)
1. TBI
2. New fuel tank
3. AW-4 Transmission
4. Aluminum condensor
5. Custom Gauge Panel
Old 05-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Good info indeed!

I got an E-Controls and all I need is a starting map of injector pulse width timing. This baby will even on the fly flash download new map settings...
Joe Guilbeau<br />1983 Cherokee Laredo WT (SJ-17), 360/229/727/D44/D60 4.10 Gearing, 8-lug hubs, Edelbrock Performer w/EGR Intake, Mallory Unilite Series 47 Photo-Optic Infrared Trigger Vacuum Distributor, Mallory Surge Protector, Mallory Promaster Coil, Holley Pro-Jection TBI 502-Analog, FlowKooler High Output Water Pump, Staggered 4-Core Custom Industrial Radiator, HD Fan Clutch, Dual Electric Fans, CS130 Delco 105-Amp Alternator, Oil Bypass Mods at Rear of Block and Distributor Oiling, Superlift 4\" Suspension, Rancho RS5000\'s, Hi-Tech 31\" Re-Treads, Aero 33 Gal Tank w/Skid Plate, Custom Rear \"Longhorn\" Bumper
Old 06-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Gear Head

Come on come on ive got no fingernails left lets git er dun.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:03 AM

I'm chompin at my nails also! budojeepr is shipping my setup today, and I will hav time next weekend to start on mine. The ol lady is going outa town the end of this week, and the dinning room tabel is beggin for a new project. Oh by the way backpacker 09 there is already a bit on fuel pumps. I'm lucky my 65 waggy has a sending unit access hole in the bed, and I'v fabd up intank pump setups, to retrofit into FI conversions before. I love hose clampsP.S. wagoneerlover I would like to know more about the wideband o2s system. Is it slvage avail, what is expensiv, is there schematics with specs, so I can build the controler? THX for the awesome and inspiring write up.

Last edited by gladiator_426@yahoo.com : 06-25-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:25 PM
350 Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator_426@yahoo.com
I'm chompin at my nails also! budojeepr is shipping my setup today, and I will hav time next weekend to start on mine. The ol lady is going outa town the end of this week, and the dinning room tabel is beggin for a new project. Oh by the way backpacker 09 there is already a bit on fuel pumps. I'm lucky my 65 waggy has a sending unit access hole in the bed, and I'v fabd up intank pump setups, to retrofit into FI conversions before. I love hose clampsP.S. wagoneerlover I would like to know more about the wideband o2s system. Is it slvage avail, what is expensiv, is there schematics with specs, so I can build the controler? THX for the awesome and inspiring write up.

Thanks gladiator!!. I always try to pass on what I have learned to others. I have gained so much help and knowledge from many board members that I just want to keep the forum going and contribute in return.

I dont know of any salvage wideband systems. I don't think any of the newer vehicles are including them in stock form to date (Maybe they are but not that I know of. I have read that they are to be mandated in future vehicles but no word yet.) Actually a few auto makers have supposedly been installing them since 2006 in some select vehicles. (I dont know how things are out there but in this area the 2006 and 2007 vehicles get picked up and taken apart before they even reach the salvage yards, assuming they even make it there in the first place.; Ie your chances of finding a vehicle of that year in a salvage yard is slim to none) I can pass you plenty of links on the wideband systems as I have been eyeing them myself. As you can see (Check the links) The wideband systems have a computer controller, and datalogging software etc. So in essence you have to fine tune it just like you would fine tune the GM chip if you decided to tweak it. (Datalogging etc). I have not heard of anyone building their own controller for a wideband system but its not to say that it cannot be done. Check the links below for info on the systems.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/w...1cf1f4a06f32f6
http://www.eiptuning.com/eip/tuning_aids.html
http://www.machv.com/plxdewio2se.html
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...FAST/index.php
http://www.mrcontrols.com/installs/t...e/techedge.htm

Upgrades

2. Cs-144 Alt 10/1/11

(Wip)
1. TBI
2. New fuel tank
3. AW-4 Transmission
4. Aluminum condensor
5. Custom Gauge Panel

Last edited by Wagoneerlover : 06-25-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Gear Head

In my race car I run a WB from www.wbo2.com their an australian company. It uses a cheap ($30) VW o2 sensor.