• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • derf
    360 AMC
    • Jul 12, 2001

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
    I think it is funny when people post up threads like this. BJs has contact methods, phone and email and they have thier own forum. IFSJA has nothing to do with that business except that members buy there.
    Originally posted by Mars
    well he got a response today, I guess the posting thing works for some folks.
    But I'm pretty sure they have a phone number where they can be contacted privately instead of a what looks like a "calling out" on a public forum.

Mike
    There have been threads started here because people couldn't get through to them. Their phones don't always get answered. Emails to them don't always get a reply. Posts on their forum don't always get answered. They do answer a lot of phone calls, reply to a lot of emails and posts on their forum. But they have been known to drop the ball from time to time.

Like I said above. It's hit and miss with them. Different people have different experiences, good and bad.
    Try out my gear ratio calculator

My Jeeps: Truck Norris and Grimm Jeeper

Truck Norris doesn't need a brow. He has fists.

Comment

• ScottsMojo
      258 I6
      • Jun 28, 2011

I think BJ's is top notch. I have received nothing but helpful service. Maybe its all in the approach...

Comment

• SNO*MAN
        258 I6
        • Mar 01, 2008

I learned that if I email them first about the product or project I have going on before ordering it turns out better for me and them.
        I always ask if it is in stock or coming from the manufacture first, that way I know what I am in for. They can be at the mercy of their vendors which can translate into broken expectations for everyone.
        As far as the communication back to you regarding orders, delays, out of stock, etc... 50/50
        If we want to keep good sources for parts- available to all of us. We need to help our vendors become better for us somehow(IMO). There is just not very many of them.
        1989 "KRONK"
        Detroit front/rear 4.27 gears
        Ramsey 9000 modified bronco winch bumper
        Built 360/ 700r w/ 241c Lokar floor shifter
        Hydro-boosted brakes
        20" wheels w/ 35" Toyos
        15" Welds w/35" Uncut mud boggers
        Dual Ram Air /MSD TFI Ignition /Dakota Dash
        www.fastfinishor.com
        www.fastfinishor.blogspot.com
        www.facebook.com/fastfinishor

Comment

• krek
          Perpetually Perplexed

• Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by SNO*MAN
          I learned that if I email them first about the product or project I have going on before ordering it turns out better for me and them.
          This works for me as well.
          SuperChief Project Thread: click

The "ChopTop" Project Thread: click

Comment

• kowboy84
            232 I6
            • Aug 04, 2011

Just wish there were more FSJ Vendors

I have not been happy with there service, there returning calls or emails, it's out of stock we can have it to you in 2 to 3 week for u joints. They do have a great list of parts, just getting them from them is another issue, they have lost my order , twice. All we ask is to be kept in the loop ,if I did this to my customers ,I would not have any.

I did get a reply for Ryan and he is checking on my order. and Ryan did reply with in 10min, Thanks Ryan
            Last edited by kowboy84; 04-30-2012, 07:24 PM.
            1978 Jeep Wagoneer is my DD, The only way you can stop me ,is buy it.AMC 360, AMC400, Dana300 Twin stick, lockers front and rear.

http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k...oneer%20Build/

Comment

• billyrb
              BJ's Off-Road
              • Aug 15, 2001

No problem. We had some changes recently, and Matt is no longer with our company. I am now manning the phones from 8-5pm, m-th and Friday from 8-noon, eastern time.

We are trying to make some changes to improve customer service, as well as turn around times and keeping customers informed. If anyone has any questions, you can call me during those hours. If I'm on the other line, leave a message and I will call back within 1 day (or you can email me).
              BJ's Off-Road
              [email protected]
              Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• billyrb
                BJ's Off-Road
                • Aug 15, 2001

I sent you an email, and will follow up again this evening.
                BJ's Off-Road
                [email protected]

Comment

• cma
                  350 Buick
                  • Jan 26, 2012

Ryan,

i need for my new project a good supplier. need to order first some service parts, and of course, when my baby has arrived some additional parts.

But: how we handle the shipping to europe, and is paypal a good way for payment?
                  Shipping costs are always very importand, because sometimes it could be that a supplier in europe has better price in case of lower shipping costs.

So in the next weeks i will start with the first order!

@all: Ryan does a good job, he had for my inquiries always answered, sometimes here with PM.

Markus
                  Markus!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink

Comment

• billyrb
                    BJ's Off-Road
                    • Aug 15, 2001

On shipping, we can ship via UPS Ground, or for smaller items, USPS. If it's a large order, you can go freight, or find a broker that can ship on a container for MUCH less.

Paypal, credit card, check, etc. All work fine.
                    BJ's Off-Road
                    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                    X