• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silvercert
    327 Rambler
    • Feb 05, 2009

Bowl Vent wires

I have no bowl vent. So can I remove the wires. Moreimportantly is that particular ground used for anything else? 87 GW
    Daniel
    I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I always allow each student one free pass in my classes. The bad news is that you have now used yours for this class. Doug
  • silvercert
    327 Rambler
    • Feb 05, 2009

bump
    Daniel
    I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I always allow each student one free pass in my classes. The bad news is that you have now used yours for this class. Doug

Comment

• Tripwire
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Jul 30, 2000

Do you have a pic? i read this thread earlier...but had no idea what you are talking about - sorry

it is vented...but the wire question eludes me/us... perhaps its the choke wire?

trip
      Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• Rich88
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Nov 20, 2008

According to the schematics, there's an orange wire that's spliced that provides 12V to the choke heater, bowl vent solenoid, and idle solenoid.

The choke heater and idle solenoid uses the carb as ground. The bowl vent has its own ground and can be deleted.
        Jeepasaurus (Wagonus Grandi quadropedus)
        88 GW 360-.030 over/2150/727/229/Posi, e-pump, AC (broke), tow package, Monroe Air Shocks, TFI, CTO-Free, AIR-free, oil & tranny coolers, dried knuckle blood all over, GM 350 TBI in a box, waiting...
        "You're an FSJ'r when the parts guys memorize your name, phone & credit card#."

Comment

• silvercert
          327 Rambler
          • Feb 05, 2009

Originally posted by Rich88
          According to the schematics, there's an orange wire that's spliced that provides 12V to the choke heater, bowl vent solenoid, and idle solenoid.

The choke heater and idle solenoid uses the carb as ground. The bowl vent has its own ground and can be deleted.
          Thank you. the bowl vent slenoid is long gone and the wires just hang so delete they go. Thanks
          Daniel

Comment

Working...
          X