• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmlint
    230 Tornado
    • Jan 10, 2011

Funny Tailgate Window Story

My 87 Wagoneer rear tailgate window just stopped working. I put the key in and turned it and nothing. Now I am all upset and everything and park it in the garage and get the tools out and the multimeter. I check fuses; tear into the dash switch to check for power there. Climb over the back seat into the back and remove the tailgate carpet and pull the panel off. I am all over this think like crazy. I can't get the tailgate open because the window won't come down. I am about ready to call it a night and the wife comes out to talk to me. She is asking what is wrong and how it was going. I told her about the stupid power rear window. She says let me try. I said it won't work something is wrong somewhere and I can't find it. She said, just give me the keys and let me try. So I hand her the keys. I lean up against the truck and she puts the key in and what do you know the window comes down. I said let me try that! I put the key in and now the window won't go up. No I am swearing up a storm. She is laughing which is making me more mad. She takes the keys again and I lean up against the truck again. She turns the key and the window goes up. At that point I was about to blow a gasket then it hit me, I said wait a minute. I had her come over and lean up where I was leaning against the tailgate. I put the key in and the window goes down again. All it was a little push on the tailgate to activate the switch and the window works. My wife stood up off the tailgate and said ?Dinner is ready come on in and let me know if I need to come out and fix anything else on the Jeep.?
    Todd Lint

1987 Grand Wagoneer
  • Senyor Ahnoneemoose

I feel your pain but I'm ROFLMAO

Comment

• Michael_King024
      258 I6
      • Jul 23, 2010

My wife stood up off the tailgate and said ?Dinner is ready come on in and let me know if I need to come out and fix anything else on the Jeep.?

now thats funny!!!!
      Big Mike
      83 wag limited-360-
      89 G.wag -360-
      "10-4 rubber duck"
      "In GOD we trust..all others pay cash"
      -mat. 21:42-

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
        350 Buick
        • Jul 09, 2009

I guess that settles it?
        The thread a few weeks ago about your FSJ being female or male.

They have to be male.

If all it takes is a females touch to make the tailgate window work, it has to be a male.
        (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• serehill
          Gone,Never Forgotten.
          • Nov 22, 2009

true

A womans touch can make any tail wag.

80 Cherokee
          360 ci 727 with
          Comp cams 270 h
          NP208
          Edlebrock performer intake
          Holley 4180
          Msd total multi spark.
          4" rusty's springs
          Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

Working...
          X