X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Bumper info swap options.. Looking for who did it 4 or 5 years back on here

I remember back in 2009/10 or a bit sooner someone on here got a step bumper from LMC Truck catalog. It was for another make of truck but I don't remember which.
    This is what my brain can recall so it may or may not be true.......I think the guy was from the central midwest area.. I usually associate the guys on here by there physical location on my wall map. This lead me to like MO/AR region.

I think the bumper was for a Ford Ranger.... I like those the best so I hope so...
    The one with the back up lights would look good

Shop from thousands of parts and accessories to help you restore, maintain, and customize your Chevrolet, GMC, Dodge or Ford truck or SUV. Keep 'em on the road with the right part, right price, right now.

I think they also swapped in a bench seat from a mini van or something.....

If I remember correctly this was shortly before I moved in 2010.. I have lost all saved info since then..

Or does anyone know of a nice step bumper replacement for my 1985 J10.. I would love an older 70's J series all metal style but those are hard to find and retrieve. It has a craptastic Chevy thing on there now. I drive with a paper sack on my head because of it.
    Please help...
    Tom Gibson
    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.
  • pyro
    258 I6
    • Sep 15, 2012

I'd like to know too!
    '81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
    '82 Cherokee 258/TF904

FSJNetwork Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

Comment

• KaiserMan
      I got the Willys....
      • Jun 21, 2005

Your not thinking of this, are you?

Thomas Russell
      1987 Cherokee Laredo 2-Door 4.0/AW4
      1971 Gladiator
      J2000 Platform-Stake Dump 350/T18

1970 Gladiator J3000 3407Z Camper Truck 350/T18
      1968 Wagoneer Custom 327/TH400

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by KaiserMan
        Your not thinking of this, are you?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...77161500,d.cWc

That was the one. Thanks.

I liked it at the time real well but now I'm having issues with liking plastic strips on my bumpers. I'll nose around and see if that dodge bumper comes without plastic. Although fitting it to a J truck may be more of a challenge. .
        I still like that bumper but I want it all steel.
        I emailed LMC about getting some dimensions on that Ranger bumper.
        Tom Gibson
        1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
        1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• The PIG Smith
          King Browless

• Nov 30, 2001

Tom,

Check this one out:
          Great Priced Bumpers . Installation instructions and lifetime expert support on all purchases of 1997 Dodge Dakota Bumpers. Order online at etrailer.com or call 1-800-940-8924.

Bryan Smith
          2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
          - 75th Anniversary Edition - 1941 Trim Package - Recon Green
          1986 Jeep J20
          - Super clean rig from the AZ/CA state line
          1982 Jeep J10
          - Has become a Long Term Project.
          1981 Jeep J20
          - Commercial flat bed - Lost in a Divorce --gone
          1987 Jeep J20 Pioneer
          - Former Rick Bielec aka Ricbee plow rig. Major rust!! --gone

IFSJA Member #1933 Joined November 30, 2001

Originally posted by Jayrodoh
          ...but if it works, I wouldn't touch it.
          Originally posted by Lindel
          Best laid plans, yada yada yada...

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I like that one also. I don't much care for the slanted ends on some of them.

I like that squared off look for a Jeep.
            Tom Gibson

Comment

• KnoxvilleWag
              232 I6
              • Mar 05, 2013

Reviving this from a year ago...

Did anyone ever use one of these Dakota replacement bumpers for their J10? I'm wondering what the bracket situation is like to link the frame to the Dakota bumper. I'm sure some fabrication will be necessary, but I'm wondering if anyone's done it already (no need to reinvent the wheel). I'm thinking of getting the chrome version of the one above (FEY or Westin Diamondstep Bumper) for a 1982 J10 Laredo. Can someone offer some help?

Last edited by KnoxvilleWag; 10-20-2015, 11:21 AM.
              1989 Grand Wagoneer, Rebuilt AMC 360 (300hp, 400 ft.lbs.), Repainted in close-to-original Burgundy (Land Rover "Anniversary Claret" 2006), replaced faux wood decal and rubber trim with 70s style wood stripe and chrome trim.

Comment

I put that bumper on my Comanche and considered putting it on the Honcho before I decided to move the Stepside box to Black Jack. (I still have the stock chrome Jtruck bumper and '80+ brushguard with bumper from my J10 on the for sale pile)

That bumper was rated 3500lbs tow weight, but I think that is it's breaking point. I have since added a piece or 1/2" think by 2 1/2" width steel bar inside of it because it was twisting with my trailer.

Originally posted by The PIG Smith
                Tom,

Check this one out:
                Great Priced Bumpers . Installation instructions and lifetime expert support on all purchases of 1997 Dodge Dakota Bumpers. Order online at etrailer.com or call 1-800-940-8924.

Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I haven't done anything to mine yet. The contact from LMC was clueless on what I wanted. Maybe they were just shying away from assisting in mounting it to something other than what they advertised it for.

I keep hoping for a stock step bumper to show up but 3 deals have fallen through the cracks and I just may build a stock replica myself. I'm trying to get a buddy to reproduce them.
                  Tom Gibson

Comment

This is the chrome J10 rear bumper I'm selling. It needs a good wash and end caps!
                    Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

what are you asking for that?
                      Tom Gibson

Comment

$100 because the ends are shot and I don't feel like cleaning the bumper. Is that your nephew that called about it? I'm probably going out I-90 a ways to get my Portapotti this week.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

No relation to me. Shipping would be a bear on that to get it to ky.
                          Tom Gibson

Comment

• WHSII
                            Hack-Priss
                            • Feb 06, 2010

How tall is the bumper? or what year, I believe 80 was 5 3/4" 81 and up were 4 3/4"
                            WH

Dad's J10, Honcho, 1980 Sport Side
                            Build http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=118144

https://picasaweb.google.com/113072766039246994279/JeepJ10Honcho

Herbina 1987 Grand Wagoneer

Founding Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• polarfire
                              258 I6
                              • Apr 01, 2010

Originally posted by Carnuck
                              $100 because the ends are shot and I don't feel like cleaning the bumper. Is that your nephew that called about it? I'm probably going out I-90 a ways to get my Portapotti this week.
                              I'd be interested in it! PM sent.
                              '78 Cherokee S Levi's 4-Door (SOLD)
                              '84 J10 Shortbed
                              '83 Cherokee Chief WT (SOLD)
                              '82 J10 Sportside Honcho
                              '82 CJ-8 Scrambler
                              '77 CJ-5 Renegade
                              Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

Working...
                              X