• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FSJ-Earl
    304 AMC
    • May 02, 2003

BOLT PATTERN - 71 - J2000

I just picked up a 71 J2000 and in order to get it loaded on my trailer, I need to drag it out of a field and it has two tires that are so beyond shot they will not even come close to holding air even for 3 minutes. What bolt pattern are these wheels so I can see if I can find something that fits so I can get this thing on my trailer. Thanks in advance!
    FSJ-Earl
    2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
    2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
    1989 GW - the one that started it all
    1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig
  • threepiece
    350 Buick
    • Sep 17, 2005

Originally posted by FSJ-Earl
    I just picked up a 71 J2000 and in order to get it loaded on my trailer, I need to drag it out of a field and it has two tires that are so beyond shot they will not even come close to holding air even for 3 minutes. What bolt pattern are these wheels so I can see if I can find something that fits so I can get this thing on my trailer. Thanks in advance!
    Are there actually holes that you can stick your finger in? If not you might try pumping them up. I have pulled many old trucks from long term resting places and found the tires will still hold air, if just for a few minutes.

One problem that sometimes occures is weeds, dirt or other foregin material interferes with the bead seal. As the tire sets flat for years the rim settles in the ground and material gets pinched in the bead area as it is inflated. try jacking it up and clearing it out before airing up.
    FSJ Hybrid build thread: http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/...ad.php?t=43332
    We are Borg, but we don't know it yet.
    We are being assimilated but we don't know it yet.
    Resistance is not futile yet.
    Are you and your children connected yet?

Comment

• FSJ-Earl
      304 AMC
      • May 02, 2003

Originally posted by threepiece188
      Are there actually holes that you can stick your finger in? If not you might try pumping them up. I have pulled many old trucks from long term resting places and found the tires will still hold air, if just for a few minutes.

One problem that sometimes occures is weeds, dirt or other foregin material interferes with the bead seal. As the tire sets flat for years the rim settles in the ground and material gets pinched in the bead area as it is inflated. try jacking it up and clearing it out before airing up.
      Not my first rodeo pulling an old Jeep out of a field. The beads are broken and there are large slices in the tires........they do not hold air at all.
      FSJ-Earl
      2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
      2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
      1989 GW - the one that started it all
      1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

Comment

• Tornado230
        350 Buick
        • Sep 14, 2008

Any Jeep rim will fit (5 Lug). Nothing from the newer Jeeps, they are 5 on 4 1/2 , I think.
        Bolt pattern is 5 on 5 1/2.
        Ford truck rim will fit on the back, as the center diameter is too small
        to fit over the hub in the front.

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Originally posted by Tornado230
          Any Jeep rim will fit (5 Lug). Nothing from the newer Jeeps, they are 5 on 4 1/2 , I think.
          Bolt pattern is 5 on 5 1/2.
          Ford truck rim will fit on the back, as the center diameter is too small
          to fit over the hub in the front.
          X2

Comment

IH used the same pattern too.
            Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• serehill
              Gone,Never Forgotten.
              • Nov 22, 2009

yup

international early ford truck & jeep 5.5 on 5

80 Cherokee
              360 ci 727 with
              Comp cams 270 h
              NP208
              Edlebrock performer intake
              Holley 4180
              Msd total multi spark.
              4" rusty's springs
              Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• Mikel
                • Aug 09, 2000

You can't roll it on flat tires?
                1969 M715 6x6
                1963 J300 Swivel frame

Comment

• Tornado230
                  350 Buick
                  • Sep 14, 2008

Another issue that may crop up--

Depending on how long it has been standing, the brake shoes may be rusted
                  to the drums, making movement difficult, at best.

Tires with air in them will not solve this problem.

Comment

That's when you get the solid steel sledge hammer and hit the rim while it's on the truck, right around where the hubcap attaches. Mine weighs about 50 lbs so it's on my for sale pile since I broke my shoulder. I used it for traactor split rims. Even the handle is steel!
                    Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                    X