• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbos83j10
    232 I6
    • Oct 10, 2009

78 Waggy to J10 parts swap

I have a buddy thats scrapping an 78 waggy with the 360. My J10 is an 83 with the 360 and I was wondering if there is any thing that will swap between them.

My major concerns are
    Radiator
    Sterring Colum
    PS Pump/box
    Radiator Shroud
    and Pass side front window glass.

oh and fenders would be a nice replacement for my dented/rusty ones.
    Is there any thing else that may be worth grabbing?

Thanks,
    Jim
    19?? CJ-7 Stretched.. alot, 360, T-18, Dana 20, 44 front and rear locked, 4:88 gears, Hydro assist steering and maybe even 4 doors!
  • tkiller13
    304 AMC
    • Jun 17, 2005

Everything on your list should work.
    Doors forward is all the same.

Fenders will be w/t fenders, but will still work on your n/t waggy. It will just have the flairs.

Comment

• skeletor
      350 Buick
      • Jan 31, 2006

Fenders will be w/t fenders, but will still work on your n/t waggy. It will just have the flairs.
      he evidently has a j truck that he wants to put wagoneer fenders on. unless this 78 wagoneer is actualy a w/t cherokee, the fenders wont work unless you run real small tires, they will physically bolt up but your axles are way to wide to run them unless you
      1984 j10 LWB - for sale
      1977 Cherokee chief wide track(sold)
      2004 LJ - sold
      2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys

Comment

• tkiller13
        304 AMC
        • Jun 17, 2005

whoops I got the 2 mixed up. Yes the waggy fenders will bolt up but, will look stupid. So do not use the waggy fenders on your j10.

Comment

• jimbos83j10
          232 I6
          • Oct 10, 2009

Thanks.. My fender are not that rough.. ... How about the widshield??
          19?? CJ-7 Stretched.. alot, 360, T-18, Dana 20, 44 front and rear locked, 4:88 gears, Hydro assist steering and maybe even 4 doors!

Comment

• jeepguzzi
            AMC 4 OH! 1
            • Oct 21, 2000

Basically, everything from the doors to the front bumper of the J10 will swap with the waggy. The fenders and front axels, trans and transfer case would be the exceptions. Some of the wiring might be different. some minor changes to the exhaust and oil pan were done, as well as a possible bushing on the end of the crank.
            79Cherokee Chief<br />4\" BDS Lift<br />Custom Bumper <br />33\"x 11.5\" x 15\" BFG All-Terrains"<br /> T.H. 400 B.W.1339 Quadra Trac <br />Mile marker 16% O.D.part time kit<br />360c.i. Edelbrock pkg.<br />MSD ign. & coil <br/>Bored .030 over<br />Tri-Y headers<br />stainless steel exhaust<br />mustang seats<br />Holley 4bbl

Comment

• jimbos83j10
              232 I6
              • Oct 10, 2009

Thanks.. my motor is pretty good right now.. my buddy is taking the motor, trans and axles for him self and said i could help my self to any thing else so I might grab up all the little parts that tend to go bad so i have an extra before I make a run to the parts store

Comment

• turtlejoe
                304 AMC
                • Jun 01, 2002

As long as you take the PS pump and gearbox together, you should be fine. I can't remember what year it started, but the PS hoses changed end fittings. But like I said, if you take all the parts from one you won't have an issue.
                Kerry - Raised by Jeep
                "Got Altitude?"
                "Trigger"
                '78 Cherokee Chief WT 33X12.50 BFG A/T's, 15X8 Rockcrawlers, 4" BDS lift, TFI, NOS QT, TH400
                "Sherman"
                1993 4.0L Grand Cherokee, 44HD rear, 4:10's
                "Roxie"
                2004 Rubicon
                "Moose"
                2000 Ford Expedition XLT with 4.6L

Comment

• Mark Wilde
                  350 Buick
                  • Jul 20, 2004

I <think> a 78 box and 83 pump should be GTG...I (again) <think> 84 was the changeover year.

But hey, I've been wrong before, and why break that trend now?
                  90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!

Comment

• backroadin'
                    350 Buick
                    • Aug 11, 2004

Yes - windshield will swap.
                    I'd take the whole darn thing if he'll let you and you have room for it!!
                    You can never have enough old FSJ parts!!!!!!!
                    1973 Wagoneer, 4.6L Jeep inline 6 stroker, t176/d300, offy dualport w/ quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads." -- Doc Brown

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious sht!"

Comment

• jimbos83j10
                      232 I6
                      • Oct 10, 2009

Id like to get it from him.. I was gonna ask him to drop it at my place till he gets ready to pull the motor trans and axles.. but that means he would have to load it on a trailer, drag it to my my house, unload it then load it back up when he does the swap and drag it back to the place it is now.. I may try.. it would make it really easy to grab parts with it here.

Comment

Working...
                      X