• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gottattooz
    230 Tornado
    • Jul 13, 2018

1968 wagoneer in South Atlanta

What's up, everyone. My name is Josh, I live on the south side of Atlanta and I just picked up an all original 1968 jeep wagoneer with 36,077 miles on it. It has a 232 inline 6 with three on the tree manual trans. I only drove it 8 miles from where I bought it to my friend's house until i can finish building my garage to tackle the jeep.

I owned a 76 Cherokee chief about 15 years ago. It was Chevy powered and rode like a dream.

The plan is to put the jeep body on a trailblazer ss chassis. There's a lot of measuring to do before I do anything, but i know all of the dimensions are close.

-Josh

Apparently my pictures are too big to post.
  • Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
    Cherokee Outlaw
    • Jan 10, 2006

Originally posted by Gottattooz
    What's up, everyone. My name is Josh, I live on the south side of Atlanta and I just picked up an all original 1968 jeep wagoneer with 36,077 miles on it. It has a 232 inline 6 with three on the tree manual trans. I only drove it 8 miles from where I bought it to my friend's house until i can finish building my garage to tackle the jeep.

I owned a 76 Cherokee chief about 15 years ago. It was Chevy powered and rode like a dream.

The plan is to put the jeep body on a trailblazer ss chassis. There's a lot of measuring to do before I do anything, but i know all of the dimensions are close.

-Josh

First off, Welcome! That sounds like an interesting project.

Second, you need to upload your pictures to a host site (imgur, flikr, ect...but, dont use PhotoBucket as it no longer works) then embed them in your thread in order to post pictures here.
    -Jonny B.
    1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
    AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
    NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
    F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
    R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
    1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
    1979 Wagoneer - Sold
    1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

• Gottattooz
      230 Tornado
      • Jul 13, 2018

Well, since the 68 wagoneer build is going to take a while, i decided to buy a 77 Cherokee chief to drive while I work on the 68.

The 77 Cherokee chief is all stock with 135,000 miles on it. It's a 360/turbo 400 quadra-trac. The short term goal is to get it road worthy (fuel pump went out and the tires are from 2007) with the intention of a 6 inch lift (rustysoffroad) and a 6.0 ls that is currently in a 2001 sierra c3 i own.

-Josh

Comment

• Be from Be
        232 I6
        • Jan 27, 2017

In my opinion, if the 1968 Wagoneer has only 36.000 miles on it and is in a decent shape, keep it original.

You will invest a lot of time in a project like that, but I doubt that in the end the resale value will be much higher.
        1978 Cherokee Chief
        360 V8 Automatic
        Quadra Trac w/ Mile Marker conversion
        4" Skyjacker

Comment

• PlasticBoob
          All Makes Combined
          • Jun 30, 2003

Welcome!

Originally posted by Gottattooz

You can host your pictures somewhere else and embed or link them here... then we can give you our unwanted opinions on whether or not you should proceed.
          Rob
          1974 Cherokee S, fuel injected 401, Trans-am Red, Aussie locker 'out back'
          Click for video

Comment

• rang-a-stang
            Administrator
            • Oct 31, 2016

both sound like sweet rigs! Glad you are here! Posting pictures is kind of a pain but once you find a way that works for you (we all have our little ways) it's not a huge deal. I use google drive because it's free and reliable. Make sure you size them before you upload them or they get so big it;s hard to see them. Looking forward to some updates!
            Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
            (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
            (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
            79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
            (Cherokee Build Thread)
            11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
            09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
            00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
            X