• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djongeward
    304 AMC
    • May 21, 2008

California trying to take 800,000 acres

Today (8-29-08) in the Imperial Valley Press, I read that California Senator Dianne Feinstein is pushing to designate 800,000 acres of really great desert west of the Colorado River in Imperial and Riverside counties as protected wilderness.

This means no ORV use of any kind, even on roads. This means only accessible by foot, which means non-accessible by anyone because of its remoteness. You just can't get to these areas except by 4x4.

This includes Palo Verde, Milpitas, Vinagre, and Indian Pass areas. Some outstanding, scenic, and remote 4x4 areas. When I have visited these areas I have seen no one, ever. These areas have vast washes and rugged mountain ranges, mountain sheep and deer, mesquite forests, old gold mines, ghost towns, you name it, it has it all. This land grab is totally unneeded and unnecessary, will cost taxpayers, and deny access for the false assumption it needs protection. Folks, this place is so rugged, it protects its self.

You can E-mail Sen. Feinstein at:

89 Grandwagoneer, built 360, COMP cam set, port matched Edelbrock SP2P, 475 cfm Holley ORA, Thorleys, MSD6a, extra cooling and oiling.
    76 Cherokee S Chief - rebuilt stock, Holley, Performer, MSD Dizzy.
    89 GW parts waggy
Working...
X