• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78J10honcho
    350 Buick
    • Dec 18, 2005

dealer commercial

I am definitely not one who likes posting links of youtube videos, but I really enjoyed it so I thought I would share. It is dealer commercial for the 73 J2000. I hope you enjoy it.

1973 AMC Dealer commercial for the J2000 Pick Up Truck showing options and selling points and lots of great footage. Also features the cab over camper. Excel...
    Ben
    78 j10 honcho 360/th400/d20 (sunday driver)...97 F-350 crew-cab 4x4 5-spd PSD (tow rig)
  • Dumpy
    304 AMC
    • Jan 30, 2009

Someone just posted this last week, but hey, I'll watch it again
    Justin
    '72 J2000 360 4bbl T18 D20
    "It's all about the fun-per-gallon vs the miles-per-gallon"--Gamber68

Sponsored by Jake's Full-Size Jeep Junkyard

Comment

• gladman
      232 I6
      • Jan 16, 2010

I love this video... it makes me think it is saturday morning in my childhood... a little Jonny Quest, a rerun of rat patrol and a sky king then off to see the world on my home made sting ray...

I was dreaming of JTrucks back then...
      44's/Automatic

Comment

• banjoguy
        258 I6
        • Apr 12, 2010

I like how the part where the guy is hauling hay offroad is smoking a pipe. You never see anyone smoking pipes any more.
        What a handsome truck though! I want one!
        Sean Kelly
        1987 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• Hutcho
          327 Rambler
          • Jun 22, 2010

Originally posted by banjoguy
          I like how the part where the guy is hauling hay offroad is smoking a pipe.
          I was just getting ready to say that!
          Formally known as "oilfieldtrash354"

"Grandpas" 1979 J-10 resto/mod-on hold for now

Preparing for Ouray 2013!!!!

Comment

• banjoguy
            258 I6
            • Apr 12, 2010

Originally posted by oilfieldtrash354
            I was just getting ready to say that!
            I might just have to take up pipe smoking now, seems to fit the image of the GW. Need an Airstream trailer now too to pull behind it. Put a canoe on the roof rack, start wearing a red and black flannel hat.... Heck yeah!
            Sean Kelly
            1987 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• blakeusa
              350 Buick
              • Jul 21, 2005

A friend that restores Shelby Mustang GT's came by the other day and I showed him my Jeep. He loved it. After discussion he said -- never see those any more... because in those days "TRUCKS WERE FOR WORK and FARMS), not for yuppie daily driver with a 10" lift and off road tires to take their kids to soccer.

As this commercial shows-- marketed to people that need a WORK truck.

Very cool - and detailed targeting dealers..
              1971 J4000 Gladiator w/AMC 401 Restoration Project

Comment

• Brizio
                AMC 4 OH! 1
                • Apr 11, 2008

Nice!
                brizios.com
                Small Scale Jeeps
                Brizios

Comment

• five16
                  327 Rambler
                  • Jan 19, 2011

wonderful commercial. Very informative. Manufacturers don't give the good technical data anymore. Most buyers wouldn't understand it.
                  You can teach what you know but you can only reproduce what you are.

It makes sense if you don't think about it.

Brad B.

Comment

• Adam_Tinkerer
                    232 I6
                    • Mar 16, 2011

That's pretty sweet! I noticed that the plow truck is a 72 or older w/the round tailights! Also, I was drooling over those nice straight 2x4's! Anyone in home improvement, or who's picked up any 2x4s lately know what a crime against straightness they are!!!! -Adam

Comment

• Rich88
                      AMC 4 OH! 1
                      • Nov 20, 2008

"Optional power steering"? Sheesh...
                      Jeepasaurus (Wagonus Grandi quadropedus)
                      88 GW 360-.030 over/2150/727/229/Posi, e-pump, AC (broke), tow package, Monroe Air Shocks, TFI, CTO-Free, AIR-free, oil & tranny coolers, dried knuckle blood all over, GM 350 TBI in a box, waiting...
                      "You're an FSJ'r when the parts guys memorize your name, phone & credit card#."

Comment

• Rod2
                        327 Rambler
                        • Apr 11, 2004

Originally posted by Adam_Tinkerer
                        That's pretty sweet! I noticed that the plow truck is a 72 or older w/the round tailights! Also, I was drooling over those nice straight 2x4's! Anyone in home improvement, or who's picked up any 2x4s lately know what a crime against straightness they are!!!! -Adam
                        Also, the hay-hauler had no wheel covers, no rear bumper, and a full floater rear axle--probably a J4000 with the same paint scheme that blended right in with the rest of the footage; still a good commercial for a good product.
                        Rod Skaggs
                        '73 J4000 'WOOD GO' 360, 2100 MC, T-18, D-20, 60-2 rear, D-44 closed knuckle front with Warn Lock-O-Matics, Eaton E-lockers both, Pertronix module, AC, PS, '77 Firebird tilt column, Hydro-boost, AirLift bags front and rear, 33x15 Goodyear MTR's, Pacer 15x8 aluminum Bullet Holes, Summit line lock, 3rd brake light, MileMarker 12,000 cradle mounted winch

Comment

Working...
                        X