International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Discussion

Old 01-21-2009, 12:59 AM
327 Rambler

Post Back for more of the headaches!

Hey guys, some of the older members may remember me. I became a member of this forum back in 2004 after buying my first car, an 83 wagoneer limited. I picked it up for 200 cash with 132,000 original miles (steal!) well after owning it for around a year or so I tore it down to begin to built it up into somthing worthy of an invasion . Times got hard and money got short so peice after peice the wag got sold for parts. I've regreted chopping it ever since! Few months before graduating high school I purchased a 1998 chevy blazer 2wd, after driving it for 6 months I got into a car accident while driving home with dinner (aug.21,08) I was playing with the sat. radio and ran off the road at 55mph I was ejected from the vehicle and woke up looking at the blazer on its roof and oncoming traffic comming towards me. I was air lifted to the Newhanover hospital (wilmington N.C.) where I spent a week befor being transported to Duke Medical. I spent another week there where I found out finally that I had fractured my spine in two places and shatter my sacram and my pelvis on the right side and broken my sholder and collar bone. Full of metal and nearly 6 months later im almost fully recovered and able to do almost everything I was able to do before. A Family friend and owner of a beautiful garage kept Grand wagoneer that had heard of my accident and mentioned to Moms that he would be willing to sell his wag if I were in need of a new vehicle. So now im waiting for him to call and let me know when he gets back intown and i'll be going to pick it up. I've been through alot latly but alot of good has come from it. Im looking forward to slowing life back down, enjoying things and being back on the page and part of the fsj owners community. Im sure i'll have alot of posts requesting tech help so thank you to all in advance, hope to help others as well.
-Ethan Stanley

1983 Wagoneer Limited (Mud Menace) RIP

1987 Grand Wagoneer RIP

1990 Grand Wagoneer Current
Old 01-21-2009, 06:23 AM

Congrats on your recovery!! And I see the wreck didnt knock any "good sense" into you. Good luck on the Wagon
Old 01-21-2009, 06:27 AM
350 Buick

I need to rethink the idea of scrapping my 84. You don't want to anger the FSJ Gods.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:49 AM

Nope, doesn't ring a bell... J/K They always come back home don't they. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandWag&Prix
Actually, now that I think about it, that could be either awesome or really terrible.

'79 Cherokee Chief "Junaluska"
Old 01-21-2009, 08:35 AM
350 Buick

Welcome back, and glad the recovery is going well.
Now, if you would just watch the movies you would know that FSJ's are already built to withstand invasions of all sorts of things just as they are. I hope the GW serves you well and does not require drastic modification.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, Aussie rear, LDS front, 4.10s
http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
95YJ, STaK 300, D44's, SOA, ARB's, 4.56s, Bilsteins, 35" KM2's
50 CJ3A
77 J-10, 360/T-18/D20, SOLD