• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flashfoto
    232 I6
    • Aug 12, 2012

Need a hand

Just thought I would throw this out there...

I'm getting near completion of project waggy rebuild and I'm finding that I may need an extra set of hands (eyes mostly) when it comes to hooking everything back up once the intake manifold goes back on.

If there's any jeep guru's out there who happen to be local (I'm in Palos Verdes) and wouldn't mind spending a couple days with me as I hook things back up, I would really appreciate it!

Background: So I basically did an in-car engine rebuild. Here's what's done and what I need a hand with...

- Removed intake manifold and cleaned. Replaced coolant adapter. Didn't fool with anything else. Left carb alone and attached. (was working fine except for a bit of high idle which may simply be my timing)
    - Removed valve covers (have new Edelbrocks going on in place of the old ones)
    - Removed the heads and cleaned. Springs and valves all seem fine. Didn't take any of those apart.
    - Removed oil pan and pistons (rod knock was my whole reason for the rebuild in the first place). Cleaned pistions. Replaced piston rings and rod bearings.

Everything is going back together but where I may need a hand is figuring out:

- Where all the new vaccuum lines go
    - Making sure that I get the drive linkage put back properly
    - Making sure I get all the attachements hooked up properly on the Intake manifold/carb.

I took pictures of everything PRIOR to dissasembly but I have a tendancy to end up with extra parts after everything goes back together I have the Haynes manual so I can figure out most of it but it's always good to get a second pair of eyes on.

I can offer beer for your time
    89 Grand Wagoneer / 360 / Dana 44's

77 Wagoneer / 401 / Dana 44's / Sold!
  • Flashfoto
    232 I6
    • Aug 12, 2012

Build is complete. I had a couple friends help me with the heavy lifting. Tomorrow the fluids go in and I turn the key.

Will post up a build thread soon.

Comment

• budojeepr
      350 Buick
      • Feb 02, 2006

Very cool, looking forward to it.
      Don't be yourself. Be someone a little nicer. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (1913-1983)

Comment

• smittles
        230 Tornado
        • Jan 24, 2011

How did it go? Good? Bad? Pics? Vid?
        Smittles

'Max' 1964 Panel Wag 230/T90
        1946 Willys CJ? "Hurricane"/3spd (T90?)
        1979 Jeep CJ7 V8 (304?)/3spd (if no one else claims it)
        '05 WK blue lawn ornament
        '05 WK silver lawn ornament
        '08 Patriot silver lawn ornament.

Comment

• Flashfoto
          232 I6
          • Aug 12, 2012

Originally posted by smittles
          How did it go? Good? Bad? Pics? Vid?
          Not so hot. The reality is that I should have had everything machined. Still has knock at high rpm's.

I have another engine now and am planning on rebuilding it or just selling everything and starting with another GW project (I have my eye on one on CL right now that looks interesting)

I am planning on doing a lot of custom fab work and don't know if I want to do it with my wag which is mostly all stock or start it with one already stripped down etc.

Comment

Working...
          X