X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ls3waggy
    232 I6
    • Dec 01, 2014

Trans and transfer case are in! Just need to figure out a way to mount it to the cross member now...

0312151436 by Iroc313, on Flickr

I have about an inch of clearance with the motor mounts on the middle setting.

0312151437a by Iroc313, on Flickr

Comment

• ls3waggy
      232 I6
      • Dec 01, 2014

Originally posted by babywag
      I have a NP242 AMG and a 4l80e sitting in my garage from an H1 hummer.
      My shaft appears much shorter than a standard 2wd 4l80e.

It is 3" long (stick out) from the rear of the 4l80e case.

Can provide you pics & measurements if you need 'em?

EDIT: It's for sale as well if interested?
      Addressing this, it seems to fit fine, the shaft on this 4L80 sticks out about 3 inches from the case. So I believe the trans builder installed a 4wd shaft.

Comment

• babywag
        out of order
        • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by ls3waggy
        Addressing this, it seems to fit fine, the shaft on this 4L80 sticks out about 3 inches from the case. So I believe the trans builder installed a 4wd shaft.
        Nice, dodging a bullet/not having to backtrack is always nice.
        Tony
        88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• ls3waggy
          232 I6
          • Dec 01, 2014

Originally posted by babywag
          Nice, dodging a bullet/not having to backtrack is always nice.
          Agreed, I will admit your post had me worried, I didn't know there was a difference between the 2wd and 4wd shafts

Comment

• surfwagoneer
            232 I6
            • Jun 23, 2012

What company did you use for the crate motor if one may ask. Dreaming of my own LS swap for the wagon one of these days
            89 GW- Rebuilt 360 w RV camshaft, 6 inch lift, de-smogged, 14 bolt, HD44, 35" tires

Comment

• ls3waggy
              232 I6
              • Dec 01, 2014

It's a GM Erod crate engine, but it was ordered through summit.

Comment

• ls3waggy
                232 I6
                • Dec 01, 2014

0318151501 by Jimmy Casey Photography, on Flickr

Comment

• GI-John
                  258 I6
                  • Apr 11, 2006

Originally posted by ls3waggy
                  It's a GM Erod crate engine, but it was ordered through summit.
                  I just looked up the prices!
                  Good luck to you man, I thought long and hard about doing this swap, but decided to keep the 360. It looks like its going to be a real head turner when it's done!
                  Just Emptying Every Pocket

Comment

• ls3waggy
                    232 I6
                    • Dec 01, 2014

Stripped!

0325151514a by Jimmy Casey Photography, on Flickr

Comment

• babywag
                      out of order
                      • Jun 08, 2005

Nice!
                      Always liked the look of fresh metal
                      Tony
                      88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• rockosocko
                        232 I6
                        • Jun 20, 2014

Cool Build!
                        I have to ask, what type of media did you end up blasting it with?
                        I started a blasting business and have done several cars one of which was a 67 Nova, inside and out (THAT beat me even if it was on a rotisserie)
                        I used crushed glass, water and a rust preventative for flash rust. Just did my J-10 bed/trailer

I kind of steer people away from blasting the inside because as much as I tried to rinse out the nova, I know he left with a hundred or so LBS of glass in the rockers and places that you can't just rinse it out. (plus, it's about $200/5gal, so you just can't keep rinsing either)

I've also used soda and didn't etch it right and paint peeled right off with the tape in some spots.

What are you going to do in the inside?
                        I'm going with "Spraydead" sound deadening in my Cherokee. (just got it in from Ebay) Check it out on Youtube.. Doesn't have to be bare metal, just brush/roll it on and a few hours its' dry and NO fumes to worry about after summer hits. And really makes a big difference.

I'd like to hear from you on that if you don't mind.
                        PM me please.

Errol

Comment

• SJTD
                          304 AMC
                          • Apr 26, 2012

I spent hours with compressed air and shop vac (and a respirator) getting the sand out of all the hollow members on my Wag. Rockers were prolly the easiest!
                          Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• ls3waggy
                            232 I6
                            • Dec 01, 2014

Originally posted by rockosocko
                            Cool Build!
                            I have to ask, what type of media did you end up blasting it with?
                            I started a blasting business and have done several cars one of which was a 67 Nova, inside and out (THAT beat me even if it was on a rotisserie)
                            I used crushed glass, water and a rust preventative for flash rust. Just did my J-10 bed/trailer

I kind of steer people away from blasting the inside because as much as I tried to rinse out the nova, I know he left with a hundred or so LBS of glass in the rockers and places that you can't just rinse it out. (plus, it's about $200/5gal, so you just can't keep rinsing either)

I've also used soda and didn't etch it right and paint peeled right off with the tape in some spots.

What are you going to do in the inside?
                            I'm going with "Spraydead" sound deadening in my Cherokee. (just got it in from Ebay) Check it out on Youtube.. Doesn't have to be bare metal, just brush/roll it on and a few hours its' dry and NO fumes to worry about after summer hits. And really makes a big difference.

I'd like to hear from you on that if you don't mind.
                            PM me please.

Errol
                            I believe they used crushed glass inside and out. They vacuumed out all of the media, i would have prepped the truck myself but sending it to these guys was actually a really good deal, and it came out awesome. They did under the truck as well.

I'll take more pictures on monday of the finished product.

On the inside we found some pinhole rust spots but it's mostly fine, as far as sound deadening I'm still up in the air about it, but after watching that video you recommended I'm considering that..

Comment

• rockosocko
                              232 I6
                              • Jun 20, 2014

I got the two gal set for 116.00

I washed out my cherokee and it's been kinda nasty outside to brush it on.
                              The roof has holes left from the removal of the rack, and looks like i need to 'pop' it back upward. I plan on brushing it on under where the headliner is.
                              (was already gone) Then blast the outside roof, prime and paint with tractor supply WHITE since the sun beats down so bad here, that maybe it will help the air cond later in the summer. It's only $50/gal and oil based and can use hardener.

Thought of the full rubber/vinyl floor but, the fumes are bad from what I've read. Are you going back with the carpet/jute backing?
                              I'm sure you're doing a more professional job since it's been in the family..
                              Mine is more of a get it cleaned up/fixed to use for my business/family stuff.

I'll pm you about the blasting job.
                              thanks. Errol

Comment

• rockosocko
                                232 I6
                                • Jun 20, 2014

Hey, Saw this on Ebay from Eastwood=

An INTERNAL frame rust prevention/encapsulation foam??
                                When I was looking to install my sound system, I pulled the deteriorating panels and thought how can I prevent rust here..?
                                I gotta try this out.

So, by the time it gets here, I SHOULD be done coating the roof/headliner
                                and floor so I can send you pics if you would rather ME be the guinea pig.
                                I'll try and call tomorrow (mon) and ask if it can be sprayed like a rattle can, and without the long tube.
                                It's a lot less than POR-15, and if one can seal up water/crap from getting in, well it should work under carpeting or other interior sections.
                                E

Comment

Working...
                                X