Wanted: non EGR aluminum 4bbl intake (Performer? )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoMopar440
    230 Tornado
    • Jun 01, 2020

Wanted: non EGR aluminum 4bbl intake (Performer? )

I'm looking for a used non EGR style 4bbl square bore dual plane aluminum intake for the 360 in my 75 J10 Thriftside. Engine is pretty much stock and am mostly trying to get slightly more RPMs and lighter weight out of it.

I'm not building a race truck, just looking to make a better running DD and reduce the overall weight wherever I can. The carb will be a 570-600CFM Holley or similar. Cam is factory stock AFAIK. Exhaust is also all stock, but I may swap the cast manifolds with shorty headers for the weight savings. Trans is a TH400 and the T-case is a BW1339 QT.
    '75 J10 Thriftside, 360, TH400, BW1339 (recent acquisition/work in progress to turn it into my DD)

'75 W300 Power Wagon C&C flat bed, 440, NP435, full time NP203, DRW, D60'S F&R W/4.88 ratio (getting MS3/3X for full seq. fuel and spark)
  • DarkMonohue
    Shakes hands with danger
    • Jul 01, 2012

I have a nice one I'm not using. Doesn't have the tin oil splash shield underneath, so you'll have to reuse the one from your stock iron manifold. I'll try to give it a thorough inspection tonight but probably won't be able to clean it up until the weekend.
    '85 J20 Old Man Truck, bought @ 65K miles - not great, but better than walking.
    Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
    High quality junk here: intro thread and slow build thread

Did you know? Willys is just Willis spelled differently, but pronounced the same. Neither Willy nor his apostrophe are involved.

Comment

• DarkMonohue
      Shakes hands with danger
      • Jul 01, 2012

Should have specified that mine is a Performer AMC, part number 2131.

Did you know? Willys is just Willis spelled differently, but pronounced the same. Neither Willy nor his apostrophe are involved.

Comment

• GoMopar440
        230 Tornado
        • Jun 01, 2020

That's the model I was primarily looking for, but didn't mention it so I wouldn't limit my options. The missing splash shield isn't an issue. I can either make one or reuse the original like you suggested.

Do you have an idea on a price you want for it? I live in SW Montana, but travel all over the country as a truck driver. Lately I've mostly hauling in the rockies and NW areas. I might be able to pick it up in person if you're near there, depending on what loads I get. If not, my zip is 59711 for shipping quotes.
        '75 J10 Thriftside, 360, TH400, BW1339 (recent acquisition/work in progress to turn it into my DD)

'75 W300 Power Wagon C&C flat bed, 440, NP435, full time NP203, DRW, D60'S F&R W/4.88 ratio (getting MS3/3X for full seq. fuel and spark)

Comment

• DarkMonohue
          Shakes hands with danger
          • Jul 01, 2012

I'm near Eugene, Oregon - not sure if you get to this part of the country. If not, how about $175 delivered? Saves me the trouble of putting on eBay and dealing with fees and strangers, and if we can do a check or MO, that's better yet since it saves the PayPal fees. They have enough money already...

Let me know what you think. Or we can take it to PM for the details.

Comment

• GoMopar440
            230 Tornado
            • Jun 01, 2020

USPS MO works just as well for me. If you PM your address I can put it in the mail once I get to a post office for the MO.

BTW, do you have any pics of the intake?

Comment

• DarkMonohue
              Shakes hands with danger
              • Jul 01, 2012

No pics yet as it's not super accessible and time and opportunity are limited. I can get it out and snap a few on the weekend.

USPS MO is fine, of course, as is a personal check if that's easier for you. Whatever works best for you is OK with me. I'll shoot you a PM with address etc tonight after I get home and the kid goes to bed.

Comment

• DarkMonohue
                Shakes hands with danger
                • Jul 01, 2012

FedEx shows the manifold got delivered yesterday afternoon. Just wanted to verify that everything looks good.

Comment

• GoMopar440
                  230 Tornado
                  • Jun 01, 2020

I'm out on the road driving again, and I won't be back home till the first week of November. I'll let you know when I can lay eyes on it.

Comment

• GoMopar440
                    230 Tornado
                    • Jun 01, 2020

I just got back home a little while ago and after a quick once over I'd say the intake looks really good. I'll check it over better after I get a chance to clean it up.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X