• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justin'sbig7
    327 Rambler
    • Sep 01, 2005

401 swap/ balancing info

i have been looking into putting a 700r4 behind my 401. i have also noticed that all kits are for either 304 or 360 not 401. i called novak adapters and asked them what the deal was, they said that the 401 was balanced differently and you cant use any other flywheel or flexplate. BUT they said that if i send them my th400 401 flexplate, they can machine it to fit the 700r4 i was very glad to hear that. i wonder, for the people running a 727 or other trans interested in running a 401, if there is some way to have the 401 flexplate machined to fit whatever? that way the engine harmonics would be right and keep any premature wear off of the engine. anyway, i just thought this tidbit of info might be valuable to someone here [img]smile.gif[/img]
    88' grand wag- finally a driver instead of a project
  • Elliott
    Cowboy Up
    • Jun 22, 2002

You can run a 727 behind an 401 easy enough, they make a flexplate specifically for that. Don't know if Novak or AA does, but either Performance American Style or American Performance carries it. Thanks for the update on the 700R4 flexplate.
    *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
    ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

Working...
    X