International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 02-19-2020, 05:19 PM
230 Tornado

Holley 600 CFM.... good fit?

Got my motorcraft 4350 spread bore to square bore adapter. Would this be a good carburetor to swap in? Factory refurbished, 600 CFM, electric choke. I really like the aluminum finish on it. Will this work well the the AMC 360?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Holley-0-80...P/283682784385
Old 02-20-2020, 06:38 PM

i would spend a little more and get something with changeable air bleeds.

like a quick fuel slayer VS,450 or 600.

you will find it runs better with a smaller air bleed on the main circuit,which increases the overlap of the idle and main circuits. something you can't change on an entry level holley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasts79Chief
... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasts79Chief
I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

→ Where the kids hang out...

fsjbuilder.org come for the mindless chat,stay for the hand drawn emoticons.

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...
Old 02-28-2020, 08:19 AM
Jeep Doctor

I ran a 600cfm Holley with that adapter on my stock '78 360, and it ran well, even off-road with some mods and lots of fine-tuning (accelerator-pump especially to eliminate the bog off the line; AMC 360's like a good shot).

If you can afford the model with the adjustable air-bleeds, that would be even more ideal for part-throttle performance (which is where most of your driving is done anyway) and overall economy.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:38 PM
230 Tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I ran a 600cfm Holley with that adapter on my stock '78 360, and it ran well, even off-road with some mods and lots of fine-tuning (accelerator-pump especially to eliminate the bog off the line; AMC 360's like a good shot).

If you can afford the model with the adjustable air-bleeds, that would be even more ideal for part-throttle performance (which is where most of your driving is done anyway) and overall economy.
Did you just adjust the spring tension or change the accelerator pump nozzle size? I am having a hesitation when i go from idle to WOT and the engine timing is perfect.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Jeep Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacharyH
Did you just adjust the spring tension or change the accelerator pump nozzle size? I am having a hesitation when i go from idle to WOT and the engine timing is perfect.

I changed both the accelerator-pump cam on the throttle-arm, and went up in size on the shooters in the venturi.