International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 02-02-2020, 02:50 PM
232 I6

Door lock and unlock

Hi friends!

88 GW - Driver door switch will engage the LOCK feature for all doors, but it won't UNLOCK.

Passenger door switch will UNLOCK all the doors, but it won't LOCK! :P

I've cleaned the contacts on the drivers side, some time ago, but no change. Maybe I wasn't thorough enough.

What are your thoughts?
Old 02-04-2020, 11:29 AM
350 Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeadinosaur
Hi friends!

88 GW - Driver door switch will engage the LOCK feature for all doors, but it won't UNLOCK.

Passenger door switch will UNLOCK all the doors, but it won't LOCK! :P

I've cleaned the contacts on the drivers side, some time ago, but no change. Maybe I wasn't thorough enough.

What are your thoughts?

Did you take apart the switch down to the springs and copper? Probably was t thorough enough.
87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs
Old 02-07-2020, 06:42 PM
232 I6

I don't recall - I got down to where the wires slide on their tiny little posts and I cleaned those to a degree. But it sounds like I need to do it again.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:54 PM
232 I6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeadinosaur
I don't recall - I got down to where the wires slide on their tiny little posts and I cleaned those to a degree. But it sounds like I need to do it again.

Yeah, that's not far enough. You have to completely pull the switch internal mechanicals apart. There's little prongs that are bent in keeping it all together. You pry these back and the halves of the switch will come apart. I almost guarantee you will find this switch all gunked up. I certainly did. Clean up all the contacts and switches in all four doors.