• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will e
    Always Broke
    • Nov 16, 2001

Notes to self for things to remember for next year

Post up reminders to yourself to help you remember things for next year!

WILL E: Don't try to drive all the way back in one trip. It stinks. Stop and camp at the KOA in Holbrook. If you are reading this next year, don't kid yourself. It was that bad. Just stop, camp, and have fun!
    82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

• Gambler68
    Rabble Rouser
    • Feb 29, 2004

Gambler68: don't borrow someones FSJ hoodie and sit within 10ft of a fire being stoked by Texans.
    1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
    1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Jeep4myBoys
      350 Buick
      • Jul 23, 2006

Don't be too busy to go to Ouray!

Looks like fun guys, I'm glad it went well!
      Timothy
      -------
      It's for my twin boys Sure, they're only 1 year old, but it's all for them!

Daily Driver: 04 F350 6.0 CC LB FX4 Lariat

Jeep: 88 GW 360/727/229, Rusty's 4", 33" tires, Holley TA, TFI **Razor**

Comment

• fulsizjeep
        Señor Jackhead
        • Aug 21, 2002

MIKE! That is too funny! We'll have to dig this up next June!

In all seriousness, we wished in our hearts everyone has/had safe trips home!

OK - Flint - Bring a smooth fry pan for cookin eggs... The griddle don't hack it...
        Flint
        Ran when parked.
        http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
        88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
        76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
        http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Tonka J200
          360 AMC

• Jul 21, 2002

TonkaJ200:
          -Start planning NOW!
          -Frank
          '63 J200 2WD
          '63 J200 4WD: J20 Axles, extended wheelbase, factory stakebed
          '63 J100 Panel Delivery
          '91 Grand Wagoneer Final Edition
          "If you're going to laugh about it someday, you might as well start now".

Comment

• Mark Wilde
            350 Buick
            • Jul 20, 2004

Mark: RAIN GEAR!!!
            90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!

Comment

• ne715
              350 Buick
              • Mar 16, 2006

Mark and Ken: Don't travel with people from Nebraska.
              Thanks for all the help you two.

Comment

• Mark Wilde
                350 Buick
                • Jul 20, 2004

Anytime. You want to at least check, if not drain/refill that coolant in the Ford to make sure it won't freeze on you next winter.
                90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!

Comment

• Ralph Rogers
                  350 Buick
                  • Jul 29, 2003

Mike, you said that last year too.

I must remember to stop off at the cabin on the way up and back again. It really made the drive nice.

Must remember to do ankle exercises - keeping them off the brakes, but ready to go makes them hurt.

Ralph

Comment

• BRUTUS
                    360 AMC
                    • Dec 06, 2005

Myself... Brutus... basically everything I brought last year...
                    "Brutus" '74 J10 360/T18/D20/Front D60 Pro Rock & ARB/2" shave, ARB, 15 bolt FF Rear/ 4.56 Gears/38.5 x 16 TSL
                    Current Jeep Status:Under The Knife
                    Current Homepage Status: RUNNING

Comment

• will e
                      Always Broke
                      • Nov 16, 2001

Originally posted by Ralph Rogers
                      Mike, you said that last year too.

I must remember to stop off at the cabin on the way up and back again. It really made the drive nice.

Must remember to do ankle exercises - keeping them off the brakes, but ready to go makes them hurt.

Ralph
                      I know I did! That's why I had to write it down this year! I tend to forget just how bad things can be. Derek couldn't do more than 47MPH or the trailer would start to wag. Took a lot longer than it should have but, on a positive side, I did get some pretty good gas milage.
                      82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                        Murphy's Law Poster Child
                        • Dec 03, 2003

Spare drivetrain

2nd Jeep

Week's extra vacation
                        You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
                        '88 GW
                        '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

My JEEP

I really do own one..

Bring along a friend again! Made the trip an easy drive.
                          Also made great company on the trail.
                          Frank if you're reading this, THANKS. You're the one who got me traveling to the mountains in the first place. Thanks for the nickname(HOOT) as well. It's been 21 years now.

This year ROCKED , first year for me to actually drive serious trails in Ouray area.

< No Durango's were harmed in this adventure.... Well maybe a little.. The stains should wash out. >
                          Tom Gibson
                          1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
                          1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
                          1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
                          2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• will e
                            Always Broke
                            • Nov 16, 2001

Bump.....

Oh yeah. Stay for more than just Wed, Thur, Friday.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by will e
                              Bump.....

Oh yeah. Stay for more than just Wed, Thur, Friday.
                              In 2006 I was taking the long route on back roads to CO. from KY. got there Tue PM at like midnight. Stayed until Sunday noon or so. Still never long enough but definitely enough to rest up, clean out the britches and enjoy some good company.

For the 2007 Re-Un-What-Again Invasion I drove out the highway until shortly after the CO. border then we did all types of side roads for 1/2 day Sunday and all day Monday. Tuesday AM we explored from Grand Junction down to Ouray and got there Tues Eve. Stayed until Sunday AM.

For 2008 the plan is to leave on a Friday and backroad it out from KY to Ouray by Mon pm. Stay until Sunday Am, then off for some Front Range driving to Billings,Montana for a weekend of Hillclimbing. After that will most likely be a road scorcher to get back to work . Besides all the motorcycles start swarming up that way about that time. Bad J Truck.
                              Tom Gibson
                              1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
                              1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
                              1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
                              2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

Working...
                              X