• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeep4myBoys
    350 Buick
    • Jul 23, 2006

Trails in Montana?

Looks like I'll get a little vacation time in western Montana in August, at wifey's uncle's place. I believe it's about 60 miles or so northeast of Missoula. I'm thinking of draggin the GW up there with me to hit a few trails while I'm there.

Any suggestions for good trails? Preferably with quiet fishing spots at the end. I'm pretty new to wheeling, and I don't want this old girl to get too damaged, so I'm not looking for any really technical trails, just something that will be fun and get me away from everyone.

Of course, if anyone is up there, I'd love to meet up for a trail run!

Thanks!
    Timothy
    -------
    It's for my twin boys Sure, they're only 1 year old, but it's all for them!

Daily Driver: 04 F350 6.0 CC LB FX4 Lariat

Jeep: 88 GW 360/727/229, Rusty's 4", 33" tires, Holley TA, TFI **Razor**
  • HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

If you get a chance run over Bear Tooth Pass just northeast of Yellowstone park. Unbelievable is the only way to describe it. A definite must see. There are some lakes up in that area as well , way off the beaten path.
    I can't wait to go back and do more of Montana. Maybe next year
    Tom Gibson
    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• willam
      350 Buick
      • Jul 12, 2005

A good road trip would be to go see the garnet goast town. Unpaved/unimproved forest roads. It is accessed via Route 200 or off US 90. Check the maps, a nice little bit of history (Although there is realy not much left of it) That whole area is riddled with logging roads, most of them are gated. I think that there are some USFS maps availible that show where they all go. It's beutiful country, you might not want to leave

Comment

• willam
        350 Buick
        • Jul 12, 2005

Here's a link. The boy's might like it.

Comment

• Jeep4myBoys
          350 Buick
          • Jul 23, 2006

Thanks Willam - that looks like a fun trip. I'll have to look for Bear Tooth Pass, although I don't know that we'll be that far west this trip.
          Timothy
          -------
          It's for my twin boys Sure, they're only 1 year old, but it's all for them!

Daily Driver: 04 F350 6.0 CC LB FX4 Lariat

Jeep: 88 GW 360/727/229, Rusty's 4", 33" tires, Holley TA, TFI **Razor**

Comment

• bull4377
            258 I6
            • Mar 09, 2005

Hey man sounds like I live pretty close to where you are going. Garnet Ghost town is right up the road from where I am. There are some fun logging roads all around-drop me a line when you head out-be fun to hit the trails with another Jeeper
            2013 Dodge Durango R/T AWD-Hers
            2000 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins-D.D.
            1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 6" BJ's lift and 33's
            1981 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
            1981 Jeep J-10 Laredo new 401 6" BJs on the way
            1980 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 401
            1980 Jeep CJ-5 Laredo 304

Comment

Working...
            X