• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jayrodoh
    360 AMC
    • Sep 07, 2004

New Jeep Pics and Boat Pics!!

FInally have some pics of the new jeep, not many though because it is dirty from it's 1000 mile trip up north to work on the boat and bring it back.

Sorry, none from the cottage becuase I forgot to bring the stupid camera.

I bought it from a member last month and took delivery last Friday. So far I've fixed a few minor electrical bugs, replaced a missing hood latch pin, installed the keyless entry, and changed the oil.

It runs like a top, can't tell when it's started except for the oil pressure gauge it's so quiet. Have to be careful running down the highway, will get up to 90 if you're not paying attention ! It got 15MPG average, which was reduced to about 8 with the boat. I can't believe how smooth it is, it's the first wag I've owned that doesn't run/feel like a wag. It had a little wobble that was quickly corrected with some front wheel bearing work.

Plans are to let it sit in the garage and do the rear main seal and AC soon.

The boat is the one I posted about earlier (faded fiberglass gel coat, thanks for the tips guys, sorry Janie, I cheated and used the buffer ) , the boat is also an 86. Grandpa bought it new in 86, died shortly after, my Mom bought it when my grandma started to worry about it, and it has been neglected for years.

The boat only has 300 hours on it! It's been sitting outside for years and years and seldom used, so after 22 hours over two days of rubbing, polishing, waxing, cleaning, scrubbing, adjusting, and shop vacing, it's back to it's glory. Dropped it in the river yesterday with some friends and ran her WOT for a good amount of time (after a through warmup). God that's a fun way to burn through 10 gallons of gas in two hours. Still need to finish up the rest of the teak trim, only got the swin platform done so far (lot of work but worth it).

Enjoy the pics!

Last edited by Jayrodoh; 06-10-2007, 06:44 PM.
    Honey?? What happened to the savings account? You bought a Jeep what??

86 Grand Wag Stock with Bulltear HEI
  • Xenolithic
    232 I6
    • Nov 30, 2006

That's a gorgeous lookin setup you've got there. I'm looking forward to towing an Airstream with mine
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
    2001 XJ Sport
    - Solar Yellow -Sold
    1988 Grand Wagoneer - Stock, typical non-existent '88 Dover Grey Paint Job, AMC 360 V8, Gasoline Super Soaker

Comment

• j20brett
      360 AMC
      • Jul 05, 2006

Wow beautiful boat and jeep!!
      Kaiser - 1981 J20 115" WB - 5.3l/4l60E/np241c/3-link hp60 spooled/Leafs 14-bolt detroit/5.13's/40's

Build Thread

Fight Crime...Shoot Back.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• drlocke
        Roadside Mechanic
        • Dec 29, 2003

Sweet!

That Wag looks as if it may still have that "new car" smell....

I don't even wanna discuss that bo't!

I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now.....

Comment

• H Callaway
          350 Buick
          • Aug 13, 2005

Looking Great!!! Does the Jeep float?
          900 plus pictures not in any order taken during restoration. (Plus a couple of assorted pictures that down loaded.)
          http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/hcallaway/

Comment

• Jayrodoh
            360 AMC
            • Sep 07, 2004

Originally posted by H Callaway
            Looking Great!!! Does the Jeep float?
            I'm not about to find out

Thanks for the comments, wife still says I'm obsessed as she walked by as I was posting this. They'll never understand.

Comment

• billyrb
              BJ's Off-Road
              • Aug 15, 2001

Nice looking jeep, boat and building in the background. Did you and Brent get squared up on the $$?
              BJ's Off-Road
              [email protected]
              Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• rockkrusher79
                232 I6
                • Jun 07, 2007

Nice lookin" duo

Comment

• Golddust
                  232 I6
                  • Mar 21, 2006

Missing my Sea Ray

Looks real nice, both, now get out there and catch some perch!

makes me miss my 26' Sea Ray I sold last year until I think about 2hours of running and 50 Gallons of gas.
                  REGARDS, GDDST

Comment

• 1986 Woody
                    327 Rambler
                    • May 13, 2004

Nice Setup

J:

Glad to see you are happy with her! Looks like a nice boat too. I have had her up to 90 mph on the NJ Turnpike/Rt 95 and she went along just nice but she worked best at 75-80. The last long trip I took her on was to west virginia to pick up an NOS hood for the Cherokee project. It was a one day trip and she did just fine.

Once you get that AC fixed and the darn rear main seal you should be good for awhile.

Again, good luck with her.

Brian
                    Last edited by 1986 Woody; 06-12-2007, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Jayrodoh
                      360 AMC
                      • Sep 07, 2004

Originally posted by 1986 Woody
                      J:

Glad to see you are happy with her! Looks like a nice boat too. I have had her up to 90 mph on the NJ Turnpike/Rt 95 and she went along just nice but she worked best at 75-80. The last long trip I took her on was to west virginia to pick up an NOS hood for the Cherokee project. It was a one day trip and she did just fine.

Once you get that AC fixed and the **** rear main seak you should be good for awhile.

Again, good luck with her.

Brian
                      Thanks again, I love it. Yeah, the rear main did a nice job of oiling my trailer and boat bottom too . I'm gonna tackle that this weekend, getting sick of that oil dripping on the Y pipe smell.

Comment

• crispyboy
                        304 AMC
                        • May 14, 2002

Are you sure you didn't clip that picture from one of the "cheeky" factory brochures?

Nice setup btw!!
                        Steve<br />1986 J-20 360 cid/auto, trac-loc, custom efis tbi, flowkooler, aluminum cross flow radiator, rhino-liner, working AC. <br />1990 GW trac-loc, Engle cam and aluminum cross flow radiator.
                        <br /><br />\"The best Jeeps came from the past when gay meant you were happy and Aids was an appetite suppressant"

Comment

• 1986 Woody
                          327 Rambler
                          • May 13, 2004

Rear Main Seal

Yeah, I know what you mean with the smell on the "Y" pipe. I was using Mobil 1 in it until the leak got worse. When it got bad I went to using conventional oil to reduce the amount that was leaking.

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                            Señor Jackhead
                            • Aug 21, 2002

Sweet Jeepness! From what I can see, ole WagonMaster would be drooling to have that one on hit lot. Congrats!
                            Flint
                            Ran when parked.
                            http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                            88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                            76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                            http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

Pretty nice. The Winn family builds a pretty decent boat.
                              This is my latest.
                              Last edited by 710 Burner; 12-05-2007, 07:26 AM.
                              Mark B. Jones

Originally posted by GrandWag&Prix
                              Actually, now that I think about it, that could be either awesome or really terrible.

'79 Cherokee Chief "Junaluska"

Comment

Working...
                              X