International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > Diesel Swaps

Old 03-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Master Mechanic

Glad to see you got it back!!!!
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcfvYSDdeFJ-NHY1MA_9Iw
Build Thread: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=174925
Old 03-11-2015, 11:47 AM
Gear Head

June 27 &28 The 7th Annual Christmas Valley 4x4 Off Road Campout and Trail Ride

OFF TOPIC

Hey anyone in eastern Oregon or the Pacific Northwest. Every year my bro in law hosts this event. He posts the invite in the Expedition Portal and Pacific Northwest Backroad Adventures forums. All are welcome. See my additional comments below, after his invite. Resbum

http://www.pnwadventures.com/forum/s...and-Trail-Ride

Here's his invite

June 27 &28 The 7th Annual Christmas Valley 4x4 Off Road Campout and Trail Ride

Yes it is that time again to look toward Christmas Valley for the 7th Annual
CV campout and trail ride. I'm sorry I'm getting it posted 2 months late but It's been a busy winter. And have had lots of stuff cluttering up the old Gray Matter. So once again as always it is the last Full Weekend in June.
. This years trail ride will once again take us South of Christmas Valley to see if we can locate some Wild horse herds and explore some of the canyons they hang out in. Once again it will be a long day so be prepared with food and drink and a full tank of gas. Camp will be in the same area as always. CB channel 4 make sure you have a Flag for the dunes and an ORVsticker. Fire fighting equip. first aid kits, recovery gear, all the stuff you should have in your rig anytime you go off road. Remember No alcohol during trail rides or you will be asked to leave. Please bring an arm load of fire wood.
And Darrel and Jesi well Jesi anyways don't forget my annual bribe "Cookies"

If you have any questions feel free to email me. title it " 7th Annual CV"
My email is (typed in code of course) rupe430 at gmail dot com pretty sneaky huh?

Hope to see you here!
Rupe and Mrs. Rupe
The Dusty Boot Ranch
in the Heart of Oregons
High Desert!

My additional comments:

There isn't really any crazy four wheelin'. They mostly stay to the backroads. Going out on the dunes is fun, but you need an Oregon ATV Permit and flag. Both can be picked up in the little town of Christmas Valley on the way out. It's 20 miles away. The permits can be bought at Santa's Hardware. They're something like $15. If Santa's doesn't have any flags you can buy those at the Chevron station. You'll need to stop there anyways to top off you tank.

The "Camp will be in the same area as always" my bro in law refers to is the the BLM Christmas Valley Dunes Recreational Riding Area campgrounds. They are located about two miles away from where I live. Here's the BLM link.
http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recr....php?siteid=85

On one side of the dunes riding area is The Lost Forest. BLM link:
http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recr....php?siteid=86

On the other side of the dunes riding area is Fossil Lake. BLM link:
http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/heritage/paleo.php

Nearby, there is also, Crack in the Ground, Hole in the Ground, Benjamin Cave, and more.

So, as you can see, there is a whole lot more to do and see than just the trail rides.

I'd like to see some Full Size Jeep'ers make a presence at my bro in laws trail ride. It would also give me a chance to show off my truck to any of you. If only a couple FSJ's come I could even put you up on my property, instead of the campground. I have an area cleared for camping that I used before I got my 5th wheel in place.

Let me know and also please drop my bro in law an email listed at the end of his invite above.

Hope to see some of you. :-bd Resbum
Old 04-19-2015, 08:18 PM

Wow...I leave the forum for a few months and miss this much? Really sorry to hear about your ordeal, glad to see that it's home though.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:07 PM

dear lord!!

Resbum, I know we have all felt the time and $$ crunch during projects, but few of us can sympathize with the agony of having them stolen. Thank the car gods u got it back.

Or to Mudbull, to have it wrecked(2 times for u right, the car and the fsj?).

It just makes ill to think about it.
I had my 69 firebird stolen, but i lucked out a few days later and i saw it hidden behind a semi trailer in a police impound yard(no records of it being in there, or being towed-inside job perhaps??). No worse for wear except a few glass scratches from the slim jim.

And after restoring an 80 z28, having it hit twice in a year, while parked!!(sold it after painting it the 3rd time in 18 months- it was cursed!!

Maybe the guys that horde them away in a garage to never see daylight are smarter than i thought!! Lol

My sympathies to u both. But i am glad to see u are both recovering well.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:17 PM

the winch

Did they swipe your winch?
Is there and reason u didnt just run the milemarker hydraulic winch the way it was designed-off the power steering pump?
I installed a 10,500# milemarker hydro on my truck in 1998, truck sits outside, daily driven until 4 years ago. Put 100,000 miles on the truck with the winch on it, michigan salty roads and all. And i have to say i havent touched it since installation. Except to pull something, from someplace it aint sposed to be.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:22 PM
Master Mechanic

Most excellent news to hear that you got it back.
81 J20 "Mater", 401/T-18/NP208, Rhino Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring lift, extended length front shackles, 2" rear blocks. LT285/70r-16 M.T. Baja Claws, Front Locker, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper under construction.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:09 AM
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosewrenchcowboy
Is there and reason u didnt just run the milemarker hydraulic winch the way it was designed-off the power steering pump?...

Yep, way way too slow. The power steering pump was never designed for that purpose, so they have to slow the flow way down. By using a proper pump you can get over 20 feet a minute at max load.

Thanks Knuck
Old 10-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Gear Head

Put off but not forgotten

07-02-2015 09:09 AM

Holy Buckets! That's the date of my last post.

I'm sorry to all of you who followed and encouraged me through my build. I didn't mean to drop the ball on you all.

I just paid for an imageshack "premium" account, where all of my pictures were hosted from. I got a computer generated answer from them saying it could take up to 24 hours for my pics to reappear (currently even I can't see them). With luck imageshack will be true to their word. If not, it will be a long process of rebuilding the pics in this thread.

As for the status of my build... it's still here, and not forgotten. In Nov 2015 I hurt my back just as I finished the walls of my shop. By mid-Feb I was a week away from back surgery when it finally started to get better, and the surgery was put off. So, Jan, Feb, Mar, and Apr 2016 the winter weather, and my back, kept me from making progress on my shop. I then was able to get some work done on the shop while also working on any number of other things I do on a daily basis living off-grid, through the summer. Then... On 23 Aug, 2016 I was extremely stoked!!!!! That morning over coffee I FINALLY called and placed an order for the 29 spans I need for my shop's roof, to be picked up early the next week.

Five hours later I broke my foot. It took me 18 hours to gimp myself off my property and make it into Bend, OR., 96 miles away. Since I couldn't easily live out there on my property with a busted foot I packed up and came back up to WA., and crashed at my parents house, where I'm currently writing this from. A week ago I started walking again with a shoe on my foot. I plan on heading home sometime this coming week. As I pass through Bend I'll stop and resubmit my order for the roof spans.

My goal is to have the truck parked back under a shop roof by Thanksgiving.

So, that's what life has been like for me over the last 14 months. Let's hope my pics reappear in the thread some time in the next 24 hours.

Resbum
Old 11-25-2016, 06:22 PM
FSJ Maniac

So????

How's the truck coming?
Old 01-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Gear Head

Holy buckets.

Thank you all for keeping my thread alive. I just popped in to post to "Project Alice" and noticed this thread is less than 500 views away from 100,000 views. Thanks.

Don't give up on me and GLADI8R. We will continue at some point. I'm actually in the middle of some life changes that will make it more likely to start back up soon.

Resbum
Old 10-20-2017, 08:24 AM
Gear Head

Just a quick update. After 4 years of trying to get this piece of off-grid property up and running I've said F*#^ this property. A lot of things have been on hold, not just the Jeep. Ironically, the property is the one thing in the universe that hasn't been responsible for one 4 month delay after another.

I've only decided and started putting steps in place a week ago, so I don't know a lot of specifics. What I can tell everyone here is that I AM MOVING TO SOMEPLACE THAT ALREADY HAS A F****** SHOP ALREADY BUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may take a year to get roots really planted back in town and back to work on hobbies, but I WILL BE picking this project and thread back up at some point in the not to distant future, when 3D life has me back to where I can pick up where we left off.

Sorry, I've left everyone hanging for four Years. Resbum

.... and yes I know pics are missing. I'll address that too. I had to put my pics in two accounts in imagesack and one account drops and I have to go there and dick around every time to get them hosting again. I'll fix that issue in the future also.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:16 PM
FSJ Maniac

What a ride!

Just glad that your still motivated.

I'm anxiously waiting for the finished product.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:18 PM
Gear Head

Good to see you still here, Cole.