• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Giviner
    232 I6
    • Feb 22, 2010

Nice work!!

I did a 6.0L/SM465/241c swap into my TJ and am debating doing something similar for my J-20.

I will be following along. Keep the updates coming!

Comment

• Nick1224
      232 I6
      • Jun 05, 2002

A 6.0 in a TJ must be awesome! I bet know one ever expects that to come burbling along.

So I'm conteplating have the exhaust exit in front of the tire. It would save some piping. Are there any reasons not to do this?

This weekend will be spent tidying things up and maybe getting the fenders back on. Computer should get here soon.
      88 GW...6.0/4l80e/241c swap. Just finishing loose ends. Old MSII TBI wasted spark for sale.

Comment

• Nick1224
        232 I6
        • Jun 05, 2002

Been a long time. Well, engine runs!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aapYXD_8nDI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
        ----can't figure out how to post youtube video----

Getting my driveshafts made up. Driveshaft guy wants me to ditch the GM saginaw front out put for a 1310 CV. Man that nut holding the old one on there is being a royal SOB. I'm about to get the welder out.

I'll post up detailed update later.
        Last edited by Nick1224; 03-30-2012, 04:17 PM.
        88 GW...6.0/4l80e/241c swap. Just finishing loose ends. Old MSII TBI wasted spark for sale.

Comment

• FSJ Guy
          • Mar 20, 2005

That sounds SWEET!!!
          Ethan Brady
          1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

• 81cherokee laredo
            258 I6
            • Jun 20, 2005

Originally posted by Nick1224
            Oh, on a ranting note. Dear neighbors in Miami, Labor Day is a holiday, please celebrate, but refrain from firing shots into the night sky. This scares the white boy when he's working on his car, and he is less efficient when he has to run inside. I live near a bad part of town. People get shot a lot a couple blocks away.

Yea, I don't miss living in south Florida one bit. Great build, Sounds good too.
            Dan
            81 Cherokee Laredo- 360 727 NP219 SOA/SF 35 Coopers 4.56 Gears
            83 Cherokee - Katy- long term project
            89 Grand Wagoneer- 360 727 NP229 31x10.50's on slot rims

Comment

• Nick1224
              232 I6
              • Jun 05, 2002

Ran into an issue with the np241c. My driveshaft guy wants to use the Jeep's stock double CV for the front driveshaft. I have to keep the distal end (toward front D44) small in diameter to clear the exhaust and steering.

I pulled the flat chevy flange off the np241 so that I could swap a 1310 CV yoke onto it. Well the through the hole length is ~3.5" not 2" like most replacements. What a headache!

Anyone have any ideas?

Perfect yoke would be a 1310 cv 32 spline 2" outer bore, 3.5" thru through the hole.

Maybe I'll wire in the OBD2 tonight and actually accomplish something!

So near...yet so far.

Comment

• Nick1224
                232 I6
                • Jun 05, 2002

She drives!

the np241c had a hairline crack that I JB welded, but other than that....she's good.

I've wired in a silverado cluster (going to have to cut up the dash later to fit it in). It even has a tranny temp guage!

I'm working on the swap guide.....lots of info.

Well, glad to have it done in time to move to ABQ. Really excited to move. We're building a house with a three car garage! Glad to be moving somewhere nice.

Well, planning my next project. Lotus 7 with a LSx and corvette t56 in the back.

-Nick

Comment

• JeepinPete
                  304 AMC
                  • Dec 09, 2003

Glad to see you got it back on the road. It feels great when a project like this come to an end!
                  Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
                  Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
                  Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• Revhendo
                    232 I6
                    • Sep 11, 2011

Fantastic work. You said she drives, but what are your impressions so far?
                    Rev.

OK, who put the magnet under my moral compass?

1988 Grand Wagoneer. Going for the ultimate fishing rig.
                    I named her Tinkerbell after my cat. She always demands my attention and whenever I show her love, I come away bloody.

Comment

• Nick1224
                      232 I6
                      • Jun 05, 2002

I did one little power start.....she squats and then goes real good.

The tranny shifts too slow and smooth for my tastes, but that can be changed.

I've hooked the dash cluster and BCM up from an 02 silverado and now have all functioning dash lights. This also give me the ability to hook up a tow/haul mode button.

I'm thinking of hooking up the gm headlight switch to get automatic lights and also wiring up the "driver information" so I an read out mpgs and compass and other useless stuff.

Spent the last two days ripping out old wiring from behind the dash. Cleared out lots of room.

I might drive it to the Keys this weekend.

Comment

• j20owner
                        258 I6
                        • Jan 11, 2003

The tranny shifts too slow and smooth for my tastes, but that can be changed.
                        Did you put in a shift kit?

I've hooked the dash cluster and BCM up from an 02 silverado and now have all functioning dash lights. This also give me the ability to hook up a tow/haul mode button.
                        None of that is needed for tow/haul.

I'm thinking of hooking up the gm headlight switch to get automatic lights and also wiring up the "driver information" so I an read out mpgs and compass and other useless stuff.
                        More trouble than it's probably worth!

Spent the last two days ripping out old wiring from behind the dash. Cleared out lots of room.

I might drive it to the Keys this weekend.
                        Like the build man.

Hey, I just reread the thread and saw you typed something about a 'swap guide'. What's that about? Curious!
                        Last edited by j20owner; 05-25-2012, 08:07 PM.
                        Where is my axle?
                        79 j20/84 GW GM Hybrid

Comment

• Nick1224
                          232 I6
                          • Jun 05, 2002

No shift kit yet (budget), that's my plan for changing part of it. But I can also tune it through the PCM.

You can wire tow/haul through the PCM, but the BCM makes the wiring cleaner.

I'm trying to put all my info together to make it easier for future swappers. A good 20-30% of my time is spent part searching.....maybe more.

Comment

• j20owner
                            258 I6
                            • Jan 11, 2003

If you need any help with schematics, let me know.

And I stand corrected, on the 4l80e the tow/haul does go through the bcm. I swear I looked at the tow/haul before and I swear it went straight to the PCM. Now, looking at the schematics, it' doesn't..... Not sure what I was looking at before, but I'll figure it out!
                            Where is my axle?
                            79 j20/84 GW GM Hybrid

Comment

• Mavawreck
                              360 AMC
                              • Jan 02, 2003

A guide to this swap would be awesome. Also if you don't mind sharing your budget for the project, that would be really helpful too for us dreamers and contemplate'rs
                              1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
                              http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=153928

1996 T100 SR5

Comment

• Nick1224
                                232 I6
                                • Jun 05, 2002

I've been putting prices with my parts lists. The ones I remembered to keep the receipts.

Comment

Working...
                                X