out of order
      • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by yossarian19
      Any update?
      Nope...still pretty low on my list.
      Tony
      88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

I am beginning the engine rebuild process and am going to dive into this too. Ordered a set of Procomp stainless, adjustable LS rockers in a 1.8 ratio to try. The adjustable pushrod seat should fix any minor pushrod issues. I will let you know how it looks after I get the heads back from the machine shop. I got them cheaper than this, but these are the same ones.

Free Shipping - Procomp Electronics Rocker Arms with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Rocker Arms at Summit Racing.
        David "If all else fails, read the instructions."
        83 Wag Lt,BJ's 6"lift,360/727/Pinned229,D44/trac-lok,AMC20/lock-right,35/12.50 Baja MTZ,Pro-Jection EFI.
        10$ NP229 fix http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=2520

Comment

• Ristow
          • Jan 20, 2006

1.8,wow you want good valve springs they are gonna open and close fast.
          Originally posted by Hankrod
          Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
          ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
          I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

Originally posted by Ristow
            1.8,wow you want good valve springs they are gonna open and close fast.
            I got a complete Comp 268H cam kit. 1.8 will put the valve lift at .513, which is only another .057". I got these for less than it would have cost me to replace them with factory rockers so if they work out it's a win. If they don't work I can probably sell them to someone at work. We have a lot of LS guys here.
            Last edited by Chevelleguy; 10-25-2019, 06:01 AM.
            83 Wag Lt,BJ's 6"lift,360/727/Pinned229,D44/trac-lok,AMC20/lock-right,35/12.50 Baja MTZ,Pro-Jection EFI.

Comment

Well preliminary fitment looks good. Just bolted them on a head, no cam. The roller tip is in the very center of the valve stem and the spacing is correct. Won't know until I get the motor assembled if I will need custom push rods or if shimming of the pedestal will be necessary.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                Administrator
                • Oct 31, 2016

Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                (Cherokee Build Thread)
                11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• jcisworthy
                  232 I6
                  • Apr 01, 2016

LS Rockers on bridge heads

Found a couple pictures of LS rockers on a 401 I built for a customer. I have a 360 going on the dyno, should be this week, using LS rockers after the break in with factory bridge 1.6 rockers.

I may make a pull with the bridge to compare with the 1.7 LS

Rehashing an old topic of LS rockers with bridge heads. I really like the factory LS rockers for a replacement...

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Jul 18, 2003

Originally posted by jcisworthy
                    Found a couple pictures of LS rockers on a 401 I built for a customer. I have a 360 going on the dyno, should be this week, using LS rockers after the break in with factory bridge 1.6 rockers.

I may make a pull with the bridge to compare with the 1.7 LS

http://theamcforum.com/forum/topic10...88.html#927388
                    Yes please do. I would love to see a actual dyno run with stock rockers and these rockers on the same engine. Would be very interested in seeing where and how much difference they make.
                    79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
                    Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
                    93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• jcisworthy
                      232 I6
                      • Apr 01, 2016

The engine is a 360 with 10:1 CR, street ported heads around 260 CFM at the lift of the cam with the 1.7's. Port matched Air gap intake, hydraulic flat tappet Bullet custom grind, 214/226 @ .050, 114/110 LSA/ICL, .544/.577 lift with 1.7's.

Jeep Headman headers 1 3/4" x 2.5" collector headers.

Engine is going in a CJ

Comment

• pickledtoast
                        232 I6
                        • Feb 13, 2018

Yeah, please do a back to back test on the dyno if you could. I hoped to do that but am getting grief here at work putting my AMC on the dyno, as we don't have the AMC adapters for the dyno.

If I recall correctly, the GM pedestal stands don't put the pivot in a good height for the pattern. I had to make my own stands. At least I think that's why I made my own stands.

Comment

• pickledtoast
                          232 I6
                          • Feb 13, 2018

Test here for uploading pics:

Comment

• pickledtoast
                            232 I6
                            • Feb 13, 2018

Here I am still attempting to find a place to host images for forums. Lets try flickr...

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
                              AMC 4 OH! 1
                              • Jul 18, 2003

Are those custom made supports/stands, or just re machined original ones?
                              Let us know all the details when you get it going.
                              79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
                              Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
                              93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• pickledtoast
                                232 I6
                                • Feb 13, 2018

Yes I made new stands as the LS stand shaft height is too high. .200" removed from the LS shaft height; unfortunately there's not enough there on the LS stand to take that much off. I used mild steel bar from McMaster.

This is close to the AMC shaft height. Pushrod seat on these LS1 rockers is .040 lower than the AMC seat. My cam (Summit 8600) has about .040 more lobe lift on the intake and .055 on the exhaust, so the pushrods are actually damn near exactly where they'd be in the lifter with the factory cam and rockers. Note, the pushrods were fine with the factory rockers too; the lifters supplied with the summit cam have plenty of adjustment.

Comment

Working...
                                X