• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rompn
    350 Buick
    • Dec 30, 2000

Magnetic Pick-Up In Distributor?

I have a 79' Cherokee with a 360. I have the Jacob's Pro Street Ignition on it that I installed about a year and a half ago. I have had no problems wiht it until now. Out of the blue, the Jeep now runs rough (and extremely hot....see other post entitled "So Hot The Temp Guage Is Pinned Above H") and I notice that when the Jeep is running, the two LED's on the Jacob's computer (Input & Output), flicker on and off spontaneously. Like there is a loose connection feeding the system. I called Jacob's and they said that the purple and orange wires coming off of the Jacob's system go tho the distributor only if the distributor is a magnetic pick-up type. I don't know if it is or not. The instructions that came with the kit say that these wires only get hooked up to a distributor that is high performance or "not stock". The purple and orange wires are hooked up to my distributor and have been for a year and a half now with now problems. So what could it be? Should I remove these wires from my distributor and not use them? And is my stock distributor a magnetic pick-up type? Thanks.
    Pat
    [email protected]
    Patrick
    INNOVATIVE FABRICATIONS
  • joe
    • Apr 28, 2000

Can't help on your Jacob's wiring but if your dizzy is stock it'll have the magnetic pickup in it.
    joe
    "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• TPIGUY
      232 I6
      • Jul 22, 2000

If you have the silver Duraspark igntion module on the drivers fender then yes, you have a magnetic pickup. It is actually better to run any aftermarket ignition directly from the magnetic pickup because you eliminate a potential failure source, the factory igntion module. Get rid of the ignition module and trigger the Jacobs direct.

TPIGUY
      _________________________<BR>85 Grand Wagoneer<BR>Tuned Port Injection

Comment

Working...
      X