• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paveland
    230 Tornado
    • Jun 17, 2018

Oklahoma Cherokee

Found this broke down Cherokee right down the road, Ironaically, having a family, I’ve always loved impractical two door vehicles but it has just enough seats for all us. Once the wife gave the nod I made an offer and bought it. That’s were the “fun” began.

I had already looked at the vehicle, and having owned a few CJ’s I thought I knew what it would take to get it home and get it all together..... first lesson learned. FSJ Jeeps are heavier than CJs, I mean a lot heavier! Pulling one onto a trailer that is not running is not possible without a winch, and even then it was not easy! Second lesson, which I already kinda figured, it’s a lot more broke and takes more work to get running than you think. The T-176 that “just needed a bearing retainer” upon closer inspection has a cracked case, shame since it shifts so nice. As far as I can tell it came apart catastrophically! He must of had a good time. You can see where the transfer case twisted and hit the floor, also explains the new bell housing and warped clutch assembly. Anyways......

Long intro made short, just a Jeep nut, adding to the collection, I don’t have the patience for a true restoration, I love to drive them, but at the same time I don’t have the heart to hack em to bits either. The more original they look the better for me, but functionality is most important.

Look forward to reading more of your posts and asking questions about my CJs bigger brother. Thanks
    Last edited by Paveland; 06-21-2018, 07:07 AM.
    - 82 Cherokee, Ford 5.0, ZF-5, NP208, Dana 44, AMC 20 w/4:10 gears
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

Looking forward to seeing more of it here! Great starting point! I think yours is so heavy is because of those bumpers.

I see you posted them for sale on the classifieds. Use the classifieds alot. they are pretty awesome.
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Paveland
      230 Tornado
      • Jun 17, 2018

Thanks Rang-a-stang. Next is a build thread I guess, I?ve already made a little progress.
      - 82 Cherokee, Ford 5.0, ZF-5, NP208, Dana 44, AMC 20 w/4:10 gears

Comment

Working...
      X