• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trickc
    304 AMC
    • Nov 29, 2000

Buyer Beware JCWhitney

Need to vent, ordered floor mats for the wifes HHR on 12/9 , had not received a tracking number, called on 12/16 -waiting on vendor per cs rep. Today I get an email the item is "out of stock", really it takes 3 weeks to figure out an item is out of freaking stock in this day and age!!!??

Refund is in the works and they were told I will never spend another dime with them!

Thanks for listening I feel better sort of... still need to find the floor mats she wanted for christmas.
    73 j-4000 "buttercup"-SOA 36's 4 door cab

78 wagoneer choptop-SOA 36's, 6 point cage, blah blah blah
  • will e
    Always Broke
    • Nov 16, 2001

30 years ago they were on of the go to places to get stuff. they had and awesome paper catalog.
    82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• gsmikie
      Auto Trannie God
      • Feb 18, 2001

Originally posted by will e
      30 years ago they were on of the go to places to get stuff. they had and awesome paper catalog.
      mighty fine outhouse reading
      I\'ve seen gsmikie\'s video for the TH400 and thought it was just awful.watching a guy tear down a greasy pile of metal in a junkyard. it dosent have to be surrounded by water to be an island

Comment

• SJTD
        304 AMC
        • Apr 26, 2012

They always been hit-or-miss.

Maybe 30 years ago my brother ordered a chain for his R5. The "rollers" were pressed into the side plates. Not rollers at all.

To be fair I will say I didn't read the ad so I don't know if it was advertised as a roller chain but it had no business being on a motorcycle and they shouldn't have been selling it for that application.
        Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• trickc
          304 AMC
          • Nov 29, 2000

So I went ahead and doled out the extra for Weathertech mats directly from weathertech, funny the tracking info says they should arrive tomorrow, it took the other clowns 3 weeks just to tell me they were out of stock. I guess that was what irked me the most was the delay to say they are out of stock. In this computer age that is completely unacceptable.

Comment

• SJTD
            304 AMC
            • Apr 26, 2012

Did you look on Amazon?
            Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• grand_wag_85
              Murphy's Law Poster Child
              • Dec 03, 2003

Anymore it seems that pretty much everybody ships direct from the vendor, nobody actually stocks anything anymore. They are more than happy to take your $ and figure it out later.

Went thru this with Summit Racing over the summer.
              You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
              '88 GW
              '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• trickc
                304 AMC
                • Nov 29, 2000

I can't say anything bad about summitt, although I only live about 10 miles from their store...

Comment

Working...
                X