• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

What company should I get carpet from?

For those who have purchased new carpet, what company should I buy from. Stock Interiors is one of the companies I talked to and seemed to be an alright company. What say you. Also, I like the old school look of loop carpet and they said they could make it that way if wanted.
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box
  • PBG928
    232 I6
    • Jul 29, 2016

ACC Custom Carpets are best. Buy direct or get them dropped shipped from BJ's Offroad.
    1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer(sold)
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1978 Jeep CJ-5 (sold)
    1968 AM General M35 (Sold)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Comment

• joe
      • Apr 28, 2000

I've installed ACC kits in a couple non-FSJ rigs. Quality and fit were good. Couple pointers for install. Have a rubber mallet and a heat gun handy. It takes a bit of massaging and finessing to get the carpet to lay well and fit well. In summer laying the carpet in the sun prior to install to soften and stretch it works pretty good. This time of year heating and pounding on the section you're working on is pretty much a must.
      joe
      "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• chubbinius
        258 I6
        • Oct 31, 2018

ACC from BJ's will probably be your best price, plus they have loop, pile, Essex to pick from. As others mentioned a good heating in hot sun really helps to get it in smooth.
        Once it settles, then you can trim the extra up.
        1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
        -Dauntless 350 V8
        -D27 front/D44 rear
        2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
          304 AMC
          • Jul 20, 2014

Thanks for all the replies. I was shocked at the cost of carpet for these Wagons.
          1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
          Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• MysticRob
            350 Buick
            • Nov 26, 2019

Originally posted by Full Size Jeeper
            Thanks for all the replies. I was shocked at the cost of carpet for these Wagons.
            They're pretty large vehicles, plus ACC has some very nice products. I am getting close to the point where I need to buy, so researched a few different sites and BJ's had the best prices (better than ACC direct too) and you can choose if you want the thicker backing (which I do).
            --Rob--
            1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer / Baltic Blue & Tan

My build thread:
            https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...er-restoration

My Howell TBI Install How-To:
            https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...rb-e-o-d-452-2

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
              350 Buick
              • Jul 09, 2009

I have bought two sets of carpets from ACC.

The first one had the Mass Backing, and was kinda a pain to massage into place, but after a while it fit really nice. Also having that heavy plastic backing is a plus in keeping some water from getting to your floor pans.

The second one did not have the Mass backing, and I regretted not spending the extra few dollars and going that route.

The fitment on both of them was really kinda sub par I thought for the money.

The first one was the Essex plush, an I thought that was better than the second one.

None of them are going to give you that heavy plush, that AMC did back in the 70's.

As others have said, lay it out in the sun for a while, and make sure you have a hair dryer, heat-gun (ON VERY LOW), and a rubber mallet.
              The other thing is make positive before you start trimming, or cutting holes in to it that is laid perfectly inside. Otherwise you will hate life (ask me how I know).
              I bought one from BJ's and the other I went direct. I have to buy another one hopefully this year, and I will go direct again.
              (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• Wagoneer Taylor
                258 I6
                • Dec 17, 2018

Rockauto also sells the ACC carpets, that is where I got mine and I was also impressed by the quality.
                Some call me Taylor...

1977 Jeep Wagoneer (Wedding Wagon)
                Pewter, Blue Interior, Original 401
                PO swapped in a 360, soon to be a 401 again!
                "Soon" is a relative term.
                Cracked cylinder put a hurt on me + bad connecting rods.

Comment

• MysticRob
                  350 Buick
                  • Nov 26, 2019

Originally posted by Wagoneer Taylor
                  Rockauto also sells the ACC carpets, that is where I got mine and I was also impressed by the quality.
                  I looked into 10-15 companies selling ACC carpets and the best price I could find was BJ's, but that was after getting added as a IFSJA member (for 15% off) plus a coupon code for another $20 off. That put me at $535 total shipped to the door for the ENTIRE passenger and cargo area kit with cutpile with mass backing.

I completely forgot to check Rockauto, but after ordering they came within $5 of that for the same product, so yeah, Rockauto is pretty legit. I buy a lot of other stuff from Rockauto, and it's always great quality.
                  --Rob--
                  1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer / Baltic Blue & Tan

My build thread:
                  https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...er-restoration

My Howell TBI Install How-To:
                  https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...rb-e-o-d-452-2

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                    304 AMC
                    • Jul 20, 2014

BJ's had the best price. I did not check every company, but the ones I checked, BJ's beat them.
                    1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                      Administrator
                      • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by Wagoneer Taylor
                      Wait! YOU HAVE NEW CARPET AND HAVE NOT DONE A POST OF IT INSTALLED IN YOUR RIG?! BAD WAGONEER TAYLOR! BAD!
                      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                      (Cherokee Build Thread)
                      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                      X