• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

Serehill tailgate harness question

I'am working on getting my tailgate back together. I bought a Serehill harness from someone who did not use it. Anyway, His instructions don't say anything about how to wire in the safety switch for the window. I do see a red wire with a disconnect. Was thinking maybe this is what that wire is for if you want to use it. Can anyone confirm this. Also this harness was originally bought in 2013 and never used. I opened it up and something is not right. Somehow when it was built, the switches were installed in the wrong place. The dash switch was installed back by the tailgate and the tailgate switch is up front. I will have to cut them out and fix that.
    Last edited by Full Size Jeeper; 02-19-2020, 05:42 AM.
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

This switch is up front near the dash.
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• JeepJeepster
      350 Buick
      • Sep 04, 2014

Can you not just unscrew the switches and swap them? Do you have to cut?

I didn't wire in the safety switch when I installed mine so I cant help you there. I did have to add a good amount of wire to get the wiring inside the cab for the dash switch. It was a good 3' too short. He said he had made a mistake with a jig or something.
      2004 Jeep Liberty
      1998 Jeep ZJ 5.9
      1994 Jeep ZJ I6
      1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 360

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
        304 AMC
        • Jul 20, 2014

Can you not just unscrew the switches and swap them?
        No, two different style connectors. I already put the tailgate switch to the back. I'am going to wait to fix the connectors for the dash switch. I want to make sure I have enough wire to put the switch where I want it in the dash.
        1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

Working...
        X