• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Retro93
    Junk Collector
    • Nov 02, 2001

Reservations made and confirmed.
    79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• addicted
      Big Meanie
      • Dec 11, 2004

Originally posted by Mars
      Tom, since they let us double up, couldn't some of us get away with the guest rate?

I have the site right next to you, and I'll have more than enough room for a second person since it's just going to be my truck

Looking forward to it and it's supposed to be a SWEET weekend!

OH! And I will be bringing a couple jeeps
      They do let you have a guest. $2.50 per guest per night.
      Originally posted by Ristow
      i bet it was Simon....
      he's such big meanie that way...
      please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

• sld
        327 Rambler
        • Apr 04, 2006

As I am again at work on Saturday , just throw another log on the fire and laugh, "I wonder what Albert is doing right now?"
        1981 WT Cherokee Chief /360/TF727/208/ Holley 600CFM/ Performer Intake/ Edelbrock headers/ Skip White HEI, switched dizzy gear. Patriot Side Pipes.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by sld
          As I am again at work on Saturday , just throw another log on the fire and laugh, "I wonder what Albert is doing right now?"
          What time do you get off work? Maybe you can swing by for a visit. Maybe before you go in.. It is about 30 miles north of your work right?

I don't usually go to sleep till the sun comes up. I don't see that changing for this weekend. The campground owner told me yesterday she didn't care if we stayed up all night and never slept. Just as long as we weren't bothering anyone. I did warn her my bedtime was between 7 am and 8am and there would be a fire all night long.

I need to make me an over the fire hanging kettle cooker. I did start a Stainless steel,1" square openings 18" x 30",corn on the cob fire grate at work. Hope to have it finished before I go into work Thursday night. Or finish it at work. I'm debating on making a bigger 30"x30" one as well while the material is there. The stuff we scrap blows my mind.
          Tom Gibson
          1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
          1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
          1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
          2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

For anyone needing to pick up supplies or fuel there is a Super Store Kroger Market ( gas and fuel ) just a 1/4 mile from the highway. There is also a big Flying J Truck Stop at the interchange. You will be driving right past this truck stop going to the campground a mile down the road. Not to mention a bunch of different food places at the interchange. Autozone also has a store there and a good mechanic on the south side of town that KNOWS Jeep, Took care of Dad's J10 and my J20 for decades.

I'd also like to post this road warning to anyone coming to this. As you aproach the campground entrance you will be going down a steep grade with a turn at the bottom and the entrance in that curve area on the right.

Off camber drops from the road entering so watch your speed Please.

As you start dropping into the valley gradually then BAM you turn and drop and spiral into the abyss for a short while and contemplate the right turn at the bottom.

Or keep on going and you'll find a good place to turn around a few miles on down and up and hit your own rear bumper and all this on a road barely wide enough for a pickup without going over the yellow line. Did I mention NO shoulders.
            Please don't join a prestigious list of people I know that lost control and crashed in that stretch. I was lucky enough to keep it in the ditch and not the creek when my turn came. My brother through the gaurdrail and down, his girlfriend 2 months later about 100' of gaurdrail. Nice save but it tore her Chevy II to pieces.

So take it slow and don't miss your turn.
            Tom Gibson
            1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
            1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• Mars
              350 Buick
              • Apr 24, 2010

Originally posted by sld
              I'm working till 2pm Satruday, and driving down after. We can save you a spot at the fire.
              Wannabe Fabricator
              Grumpy on a good day.
              1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
              What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

9 more hours and I'm there..I'll probably unload and plan on taking a trip up to the store around 4 or 5 pm for whatever I still need food/supply wise.

For the guys I sent PM's to; as always we would love to see you there but there will always be another. Just didn't want anyone to miss it on count it has happened rather fast as far as the new date and spot.
                Don't forget about the Riga Swap Meet in May up in Riga, MI. There is a thread for it in the Great Lakes Section. Most likely there will be one here also. Maybe we can have a stop at Z&M Jeeps as well.
                Tom Gibson

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

9 more hours and I'm there..I'll probably unload and plan on taking a trip up to the store around 4 or 5 pm for whatever I still need food/supply wise.

For the guys I sent PM's to; as always we would love to see you there but there will always be another. Just didn't want anyone to miss it on count it has happened rather fast as far as the new date and spot.
                  Don't forget about the Riga Swap Meet in May up in Riga, MI. There is a thread for it in the Great Lakes Section. Most likely there will be one here also. Maybe we can have a stop at Z&M Jeeps as well.
                  Tom Gibson

Comment

• Retro93
                    Junk Collector
                    • Nov 02, 2001

HOOT is so excited he posted twice.
                    79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• Mars
                      350 Buick
                      • Apr 24, 2010

Wannabe Fabricator
                      Grumpy on a good day.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Couldn't sleep a wink for the excitement... Finally getting rolling here.. I should be there around 5:30pm Gotta go get Rumpledsteelskins' 7.3 fired up. It hates the cold worse than me.
                        Cyall soon.
                        Tom Gibson

Comment

• Mars
                          350 Buick
                          • Apr 24, 2010

4 hours and some change and I'll be on the road.

Hope you guys don't mind me bringing my lil jeeps.
                          Wannabe Fabricator
                          Grumpy on a good day.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Nice weekend guys. Once again I had a blast. Just getting back home and still need to go unload the truck before dark.
                            Just as Retro was pulling out onto the road I turned the key on the Ferd. Just a slow weak crank is all I got. Luckily the extra wood guy had a set of jumper cables and regretfully a Dodge to jump me with. Him and his buddy got in a few jabs about that before I drove off.
                            Tom Gibson

Comment

• Retro93
                              Junk Collector
                              • Nov 02, 2001

It was a great weekend! I had a blast. Sorry about leaving you sitting Tom. I just barely made it home. Coming through Lexington, she blew the driver side exhaust manifold gasket. A few miles down the road,she was loosing so much power I could barely make it up the steep grades around here. I just kept going and made it home in one piece. THEN...when I get out of the Jeep and walk around to the rear the whole tailgate is COVERED in gear oil from the transfer case. It look's like there will be some major work going on here in the near future. FSJ's...you gotta love 'em.

Comment

• Mars
                                350 Buick
                                • Apr 24, 2010

My Jeeps made it home okay
                                Wannabe Fabricator
                                Grumpy on a good day.

Comment

Working...
                                X