X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kali
    304 AMC
    • Mar 29, 2005

yeah I never followed closely to what was going on, but there was always some quarrel between the school and the reservation. its a very big, beautiful campus.. cant see why they would need any more land.
    1982 J-10 Pioneer

Check out my YouTube Channel !!
    Check out my Instagram !!

2018 Grand Cherokee Upland

"The J-series Jeep pickups are simultaneously the ugliest and the most beautiful trucks ever made."

Comment

• CoastGuardTruck
      232 I6
      • Jan 03, 2012

#7 ..good old New London!
      1980 J10
      Mods: HEI, Hi Steer and other misc. offroad upgrades done by PO (lift, skid plates, ect.), Aux Fuel Tank, Digital Gauges.
      To Do: A/C, AFI TBI, fiberglass new fan shroud and install fan clutch, fiberglass console, hydroboost, repair body work and PAINT!

Comment

• marshotel
        258 I6
        • Dec 10, 2008

Originally posted by CoastGuardTruck
        #7 ..good old New London!
        Welcome! ....again!

I have another post up about fishing on Memorial Day just south of the NH border in Massachussets at Salisbury Beach Reservation. If you like camping and fishing its a great place to visit (also a boat launch but if you cant have a car on campus, you probably dont have a boat. Although, maybe you could find one to use....lol). Good action on the night life too (you said your going to be a Sr., so Im assuming your around 21). There hasnt been much participation in the thread but its still months away. Resevations required.

There was a get together a few months back out in NW CT which I was unable to attend. Hopefully we'll be able to put together another rondezvous this summer or spring but you'll probably be back home by then.
        87 GW
        4" Skyjacker; 31x10.5 Goodyear MTR
        Rebuilt 360:
        .040 over, crank polished, block decked, 3 angle valve job, Edelbrock Performer intake, cam, carb (650); shorty headers

Comment

• CoastGuardTruck
          232 I6
          • Jan 03, 2012

Funny we are actually allowed to have boats all years but only cars senior year haha. But I left my boat at home. Memorial weekend I think I'll be underway on the mighty coast guard cutter barque eagle.

And impend most of my time here/underway. We only get 3 weeks off
          1980 J10
          Mods: HEI, Hi Steer and other misc. offroad upgrades done by PO (lift, skid plates, ect.), Aux Fuel Tank, Digital Gauges.
          To Do: A/C, AFI TBI, fiberglass new fan shroud and install fan clutch, fiberglass console, hydroboost, repair body work and PAINT!

Comment

• marshotel
            258 I6
            • Dec 10, 2008

Funny we are actually allowed to have boats all years but only cars senior year haha. But I left my boat at home. Memorial weekend I think I'll be underway on the mighty coast guard cutter barque eagle.

And impend most of my time here/underway. We only get 3 weeks off
            I wanted to ask you how often you get out on the Eagle. I love that cutter! every time I go over the Gold Star bridge, Im looking for her. I would give anything to go on a voyage aboard her. Lucky you! Dont you have to a 6 mo voyage on that as part of your introduction to ship handling?
            87 GW
            Rebuilt 360:
            .040 over, crank polished, block decked, 3 angle valve job, Edelbrock Performer intake, cam, carb (650); shorty headers

Comment

• CoastGuardTruck
              232 I6
              • Jan 03, 2012

It is a little random..

Swab summer (summer before you are a freshman) you are on for a week.
              3/c summer (summer before you are a sophomore) MOST (like 99%) people are on for 6 weeks.
              2/c summer (summer before you are a junior) you are a cadre, the person yelling at the swabs . I choose to be an EAGLE cadre, so I was on for 3 weeks. (the swabs come on in 3, 1 week rotations.)
              1/c summer (summer before you are a senior) you go out to the fleet. Since I have been on cutters before I chose to spend it on EAGLE (not common, but you can get more advanced qualifications..long story) so I will be on for 11 weeks.
              Summer ensign (if for some reason after graduation you have time before you report you can be a summer ensign on eagle as a deck watch officer. This is common for people going to flight school)..that would be like another 15 weeks. It is going to some pretty awesome foreign countries next year so I am considering it.

So by graduation I will have been on EAGLE for 15 weeks. If I did summer ensign that would be a total of 30 weeks. That is a lot of time on board on a ship that is very unpleasant to live in. It looks pretty but man you sure do start to miss a lot of the "modern enhancements".

When we pull back into New London a lot of times they let people ride in as long as you have a connection on board to set it up . My dad got to sail with me for a week this summer and loved it!
              1980 J10

Comment

• marshotel
                258 I6
                • Dec 10, 2008

Wow, that sounds great, thanks for the insight. You are lucky, in a sense, to experience the sea in a manner that used to be so common yet is no longer experienced. Its like your transported back to colonial times sailing the sea with your crew mates and sheets. Very cool. Enjoy it, its an experience you'll always look back on with admiration. I can see why you would want to stay aboard and have the experience of foreign ports as a newly minted sailor (sorry I was an army guy not sure of your rank terms). I hope you keep your jeep so you'll give us occasional updates from whichever sea your patrolling!
                87 GW
                Rebuilt 360:

Comment

• CoastGuardTruck
                  232 I6
                  • Jan 03, 2012

Oh..the jeep is staying definitely. I wan't to fly search in rescue in alaska..and if you have ever seen the show coast guard alaska on the weather channel you will see that kodiak is a great place for a jeep! And I live where flight school is (Pensacola) so if I get it, I can keep it at home in a garage which will make that stage of my life much easier.
                  1980 J10

Comment

• marshotel
                    258 I6
                    • Dec 10, 2008

Oh..the jeep is staying definitely. I wan't to fly search in rescue in alaska..and if you have ever seen the show coast guard alaska on the weather channel you will see that kodiak is a great place for a jeep! And I live where flight school is (Pensacola) so if I get it, I can keep it at home in a garage which will make that stage of my life much easier.
                    I do watch that show. That would be a great assignment but a Floridian stationed in Alaska? Dont you think that you might experience a slight shock in the winter weather change? LOL. I guess CT winters (although not this one) will help prepare you. The warmest it gets all year in Alaska will be equivalent to the coldest Florida gets!

Good luck with your plan!
                    87 GW
                    Rebuilt 360:

Comment

• CoastGuardTruck
                      232 I6
                      • Jan 03, 2012

I've had the great fortune of being on an ice breaker..you may have seen it in the news? USCGC HEALY, they broke the ice so that tanker could get to Alaska recently..soo I have gotten past the snow and cold haha.
                      1980 J10

Comment

• fryguy74
                        230 Tornado
                        • Sep 14, 2011

Groton/New London FSJer

Hey guys, just checking in. I'm over here at the Sub Base. Anyone in the area looking for parts? I've got an 89 Waggy in the classified section. First come first serve. I'd much rather get rid of the stuff locally, but I do have a few things reserved for a couple guys on the forum. If you've driven by Advance Auto Parts in Groton, you may have seen Blue. Take care and see ya around!

Jason

Comment

• Rich88
                          AMC 4 OH! 1
                          • Nov 20, 2008

Checking in from Ellington

Registering my existence. Guess I missed the post when it first came out.

Rich
                          Jeepasaurus (Wagonus Grandi quadropedus)
                          88 GW 360-.030 over/2150/727/229/Posi, e-pump, AC (broke), tow package, Monroe Air Shocks, TFI, CTO-Free, AIR-free, oil & tranny coolers, dried knuckle blood all over, GM 350 TBI in a box, waiting...
                          "You're an FSJ'r when the parts guys memorize your name, phone & credit card#."

Comment

• 304ward
                            230 Tornado
                            • Jul 11, 2012

Branford-East Haven line. New to the IFSJA, but I have been Jeepin for years.
                            Is there anywhere in Ct. that I can find a tailgate for a Gladiator, a 70's J or a M715? Jeep ON!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 304ward
                              Branford-East Haven line. New to the IFSJA, but I have been Jeepin for years.
                              Is there anywhere in Ct. that I can find a tailgate for a Gladiator, a 70's J or a M715? Jeep ON!!!
                              good luck finding a tailgate any place around here that aint swiss cheese or being used.
                              85 gw 215k and still going
                              castrated(de-wooded)360 2" espo springs 31x10.5
                              89 gw,free,almost legal

She can dance a Cajun rhythm,Jump like a Willys in four wheel drive,

the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams

"Our militarized "law enforcement" has become the standing army our founders feared"

Comment

• Phillips889
                                232 I6
                                • Apr 27, 2010

guess im a little late on this but Manchester CT and I drive a jeep j10 diesel everyday to Chicopee MA!
                                1981 j10 cummins diesel Daily driver UP AND RUNNING!
                                1979 J20 PARTING OUT SEE PARTS FORUM
                                1979 Cherokee widetrack up on blocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X