• Gambler68
    Rabble Rouser
    • Feb 29, 2004

Any ideas for a new topic before 2005?

Here's some:

Backyard Body and Paint

Electrical Mods

Stupidest Things You Have Done With/To your FSJ

or maybe some non FSJ topics that could help budding idiots..err..mechanics like myself, such as:

Finding The Right Tools for the Job (duct tape.. check, goggles.. check, kneepads.. check)

Your First Welder and How Not To Kill Yourself

101 Ways to Convince Your Girl That Spending Money on Jeep Is Better Than Food or Clothing..or Rent

humor aside, any of these sound feasible?
    1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
    1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Hunter S. Thompson .

• rstep
    304 AMC
    • Oct 09, 2003

All good idea's like the tool suggestion just my input
    77 Cherokee 401/400 trans,Holley on edelbrock performer,PT 1339
    d44s,detriot rear ,diff guards front and rear
    Fabbed front and rear bumpers,Tire carrier
    33"BFG KM2's on black spokes
    Tadrack
    Interior upgraded,Durango console, custom gauge panel,bucket seats
    Soa,with 1" shackle up front
    Hood vents

Comment

• stephen43
      258 I6
      • Apr 07, 2003

How bout cheap little tricks or mods that are both functional and look cool.
      Stephen Shankles, 0 o |||| o 0<br />71 J-340, 304, 727, dana300, TSL Radials, D44 , D60 detroit, 4.56, short frame, flatbed ... http://www.fullsizejeeps.com/jeeps/f...s/HPIM1295.JPG

Comment

I'm with stephen, mods that are functional and maybe some storage solutions, etc.
        Art
        ASE Master Collision Tech
        "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

• jeepzilla47
          350 Buick
          • Jun 14, 2003

traction bars....anti spring wrap hardware.

cool parts from other vehicles that will swap in with minimum modification...
          Mike Hildreth...aka Tubby
          "From nothing we have risen, and from nothing, we still rise!!" (Hatebreed)

84 GW in progress
          fuel injected 454/th400/203/205/hpd60/ff14b 4.88/welded/4wdb/dbl/39.5 iroks/gm springs/rb shackle flip/ hydraulic assist

Comment

• shadowjeep
            304 AMC
            • Apr 09, 2000

how about out of the ordinary ideas for jeeps or jeep related.

off the wall mods that most people wouldnt think about.

simple but relatively unknown tricks.

magic dust that fixes anything.lol im still looking for this stuff.

product reviews.

new products. (that we can use)
            Rick C.
            87 GW/360/727/5.22/6.72/46s(ShadowJeep)
            coming soon stak 3 speed, rocks
            www.kymc.org
            shadowjeep
            2003 Chevy Silverado
            "WHEN IN DOUBT, THROTTLE IT OUT"

Comment

• Gambler68
              Rabble Rouser
              • Feb 29, 2004

Well, it looks like we have enough ideas for, oh, the next YEAR Moderator? Poll?
              The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
              Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• AzFrank aka Desertson
                258 I6
                • Apr 19, 2002

Guys tired of seeing your rear window rack back and forth as your suspension articulates over the trail? And how about that rattling tailgate? Then there is that tear in the sheetmetal dead ctr of tailgate,flop,flop,flop.....ARRUUGHHH!
                It is not a recommended fix if your rig is nicely painted.
                (though,the tore sheelmetal on tail gate can be done w/out welding)
                It should be done in the early stages of bodywork,and interior.knowledge welding(mig/light sheetmetal) is needed.(they do not have to look pretty,just solid, all welds are ground smooth)You can fabricate your own brackets or you can use the dimentions from the ones I've made
                I'm sure someone has covered this area, sorry if I have been repeditive.
                Here is one more idea. You guys up north might like this one, now snow season is comming
                (it also work good for summer,even in Az.)...How to insulate your jeep.
                Respect our Mother Earth,<br />Pack it in pack it out,<br />and Keep-A-Jeepin\'<br />My \'79 Cherokee motto<br />\"Old an slow and wanna be off road\"<br />Her name,Spirit of Arizona

Comment

• Gambler68
                  Rabble Rouser
                  • Feb 29, 2004

AzFrank..I was thinking of just getting a roll of that insulation from Jegs for the interior..someday Probally used whatever is left over from whenever I do the floors in my Rambler Wagon (because that's ganna take ALOT).

So are we or aren't we going to pick one of these topics? Seems the readers have spoken..
                  Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

Working...
                  X