• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hstovall1
    230 Tornado
    • Feb 01, 2020

Fuel pump dying?

My 1991 Grand Wagoneer has trouble starting after it has sat idle for a few days. The engine turns over for a long long time before it catches. Not getting fuel. I
  • Ristow
    • Jan 20, 2006

your power valve is probably leaking all the fuel into the intake and draining the fuel bowl. then it has to crank a while to fill the bowl back up.
    Originally posted by Hankrod
    Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• hstovall1
      230 Tornado
      • Feb 01, 2020

So is that a carb rebuild?

Comment

• Ristow
        • Jan 20, 2006

that or a new power valve. the "new" valves in the typical over the counter rebuild kits are not very good. often very old stock.

holley power valves are too short on the threaded end for the motorcraft carbs.

i use Quick Fuel single stage power valves in these carbs. they have a longer thread on them. 6.5 to 8.5 range.
        Originally posted by Hankrod
        Ristows right.................again,

... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Also, these AMCs are notorious for having all the fuel evaporate due to hot intake/ engine compartment. Does your carb have the 1/2" insulator under it? Electric fuel pump will minimize this issue and help with vapor lock [with a fuel return line].

Comment

Working...
          X