International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 05-09-2002, 01:43 AM
Grease Monkey

I have a Holley 4150 on my new 88 with 727 and 360. Was wondering if someone has similar setup and how they got the trans adjusted properly and if they used a kickdown lever kit from Holley. If Holley makes one which one should I buy? TIA
Old 05-09-2002, 06:21 AM
FSJ Maniac

88. I used to run Holley 4150 pro series on my race car. Also I have the edelbrock on my wag....I used the same acc bracket. You can find them at any auto store. It is a Mr. Gasket.... Chrome jobby. It has a spot for the acc cable and the cruise control. As far as the tranny kick down you shoudl be able to just bolt that to the throttle bracket the oposite the pulling side of the throttle cable. There should be a hole on the acc bracket on the carb if my memory serves me correctly. Hope this helps some.
Stak 3 speed
44" Pitbull Rockers on Trailworthy H1's
Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
401....new project

Tow Rig Daily Driver// 2007 6.7 CTD Dually
Old 05-10-2002, 10:23 PM
Master Mechanic

I dont know if holley has an arm for the kick down or not but as im sure you see the stock slide arm is too short. I fixed mine by using the slide and carburetor linkage stud bushing out of a big block dodge. I dont know what it was specifically as the engine and trans were out of the car already and I happened to see it on one of my junkyard outings. Before that i wired the linkage closed and manually down shifted the trans. DENNIS