International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 03-06-2003, 11:56 AM

Angry

Hey Folks,
Two questions. First, I want to replace the carb on my 89' FSJ 360 v8. I don't think the carb on now is the correct one. Last owner had to use about 7 spacers on each bolt to stick it to the intake manifold. There is no tag on it but I think it might be a motorcraft 2100. I want to put a four barrel on her, but don't want to change the manifold. I also want to stay close to stock. Is this possible? I want to change because she starts rough, runs great, but takes a lot pedal pumping to get her started again if she sets for more then twenty minutes. I think a new/rebuilt carb will help. Any ideas? Problem two: was rolling down driver side window (today) when I heard a pop! Now the window motor spins, but the window does not go up or down. I think something just disconnected, will dig into it Saturday AM. Any thoughts. Thanks, This site is a dream come true for me--lots of info!
scotth
89' Grand Wag.
NP-229
Old 03-06-2003, 12:05 PM

the window thing happend to me...twice, it was a broken track both times you can look and see if your able to fix it or take it to a glass place, didn't cost much to fix
Old 03-06-2003, 12:07 PM

2100 is a stock carb and very relieable... rebuild kits are vastly available and not too hard to rebuild... pretty easy. I say the PO (Previous Owner) didn't have the right bolts for it.

Unless you go with a stock 4BBl manifold and 4350 carb, you are stuck with an aftermarket choice of Edlebrock intake and 1406 carb. I say rebuild the 2100 and let it be... 2BBl to 4BBl adapters can hinder more than help
Old 03-06-2003, 12:13 PM
Sloppy Shifter

Sounds like the Spacer between the Carb and intake could be missing, thus the need for spacers on the studs?? Maybe?? 2100 is a decent Carb and is OEM.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:14 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

prob. 1) if your carb has an altitude compensator on the back/pass. side of the carb &lt;a big bell like thing with a piece going to the choke&gt;. if it does, it's a 2150, if not, it's prob a 2100. It should be a 2150 on your model. You can put a 4v carb on a 2v intake with an adapter, but don't do it. The adapters are crap, will leak from the moment you put it on, and you will be sorely disappointed, amhik. If you really want a 4v, get a 4v intake. If not, then get a rebuilt, or rebuild your carb. You'll be much happier, and it is quite a nice carb when it's working right.

prob 2) that pop you heard was either a) the window flextrack braking or b) your window flextrack rail braking. More than likely, it was &lt;a&gt;. it's a relatively easy fix. You can pick the flextrack up at autozone for pretty cheap. Take the door panel off, brace the window with a wedge of some kind, unbolt the track from the window, pull it out, measure it next to the new one, cut, slide it on, reverse. BAM, you're done.
IFSJA Member #18
RIP-USS Minnow-The three hour tour is over.
MacGuyver - 1985 Grand Wagoneer
TFI, Edel Intake, Holley 80457S (yeah, it's shiney), K8600, K&N, Taylor Wires, Ford HD springs, and way freakin' cooooooool
Old 03-06-2003, 12:47 PM
Gone,But not Forgotten.

Cool

scotth...
... Welcome to the IFSJA group and I hope we can give you some ideas that will help.

MC-2150 Carburetors come with or without the HAC = High Altitude Compensator - Aneroid Altitude Compensator. Below is a link and PIC of the MC-2150.

link&gt;MC-2150 LINK
photo MC-2150

Good Luck and CUL.. Don S..
Old 03-06-2003, 10:09 PM

Lightbulb

Hey,
Thanks for the input. My carb does not have the alltitude comp. I think you all are right about screwing around with the four barrel. I am just going to go with the 2150 and be happy. Hopefully it is just the flex track on the window. Will find out tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help on the carb.

Scott H.