• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tchat
    232 I6
    • Jan 30, 2007

Drip Rail Molding

OEM drip rail moldings for the GW are impossible to find!! What is everyone using for replacement drip rail?

Thanks for any help!
  • Tripwire
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 30, 2000

Paging DR. Crist
    Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• 80CHEEF
      232 I6
      • Apr 03, 2011

ive been looking for these for some time as well. seems like a impossible hunt
      -Nick M

1980 Cherokee Chief- AMC 304 4" lift

2007 Rubicon 2dr- Old Man Emu HD lift 35" BFG KM2

Comment

• ajminla
        232 I6
        • Jun 07, 2010

Older Wag Stainless

My favorite solution is to find an old wagoneer that someone is parting which had stainless steel drip moulding. Then polish it up.
        It's a bit pricey sometiimes but they are out there and it looks way better than the crappy plastic that our late models have.
        '89 Grand Wagoneer
        Black with Sand Interior

Comment

• 80CHEEF
          232 I6
          • Apr 03, 2011

how do you go about reattaching them?
          -Nick M

1980 Cherokee Chief- AMC 304 4" lift

2007 Rubicon 2dr- Old Man Emu HD lift 35" BFG KM2

Comment

• BotterbrodtGE
            258 I6
            • Nov 30, 2010

Stainless Steel molding

Went to the local yard and grabbed the drip molding off an older Cherokee. Saw one wag that the metal part of the roof for the drip molding was 6" shorter than the actual roof an mine went the whole length so I'd measure them to be sure. Just an FYI. They polish up quickly and make the truck look a lot better to someone that knows these things. Basically to take them off you carefully pry out the bottom. They're basically an L shape with a hook on the top. When installing; hook the top to the roof and push on at the bottom and work your way down carefully and slowly
            1990 Stock for now Grand Wagoneer

U-993

Hey there Yohoo, fix yourself!!

My jeep
            http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...highlight=1990

Comment

• Crist Clapper
              I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!
              • Apr 28, 2008

GW: Drip-rail Molding

I concur with what has been posted. In the end, a good GW/IFSJA friend (Mr. Steve Tripwire) acquired a set of stainless off an older GW; Of which I then had restored.

There are some nice trim folks that have both the half-round and L-shape that would work. Look here for examples: http://www.trim-gard.com/index.asp.

Don?t take my word for it? Here?s a note from Mr. Norbert, himself, at grandwagoneer.com:

Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 6:49 PM
              To: Crist D. Clapper
              Subject:
              Drip-rail Molding

Hi Crist,

I'd be happy to answer that for you.

I use both. I still have a decent supply of the OEM rain gutter trim and also can restore the original pieces to about 90% of new appearance.

However, depending on the customer's wishes and on the color of the Jeep, the larger, slightly more pronounced half-round or slight teardrop "chrome" trim with acrylic adhesive lends a more dramatic visual impact and more contrast with the roof. It is also less brittle and more flexible, making it less likely to get the stress fractures and spiderwebing that appears on the factory trim within a few years. I give clients a choice after presenting the advantages of each and letting them look at the difference in cosmetic appearance.

Sincerely, Norbert
              1990 Grand Wagoneer:
              Delilah - def: "White Lady (cocktail) with the additional ingredients of egg-whites, sugar, and cream"

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
              Desiree - def: ?Much Desired? [orig: French] ? Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)

Comment

Working...
              X