X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OutrageGIS
    258 I6
    • Feb 26, 2011

The fire meets the approval of the WMFA. Dino sized carbon footprint!
    79 Cherokee, 360, QT, Stocky

At Large Board Member, Central South-East Jurisdiction, Elijah Craig Chapter, Bluegrass Division, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• blazer3664
      350 Buick
      • Mar 08, 2009

Looks like you made good progress this weekend.

So now that you guys have used the HF tilter, whats the verdict? Work pretty good?

I have never seen one (HF version) in person, just on their site.

The one I brought last time was my dads home made one, but for no more than they cost its easier to order one.

Jim
      modified flares, removable top, OBA w/200psi tank,
      LQ4, 4L80e,NWF doubler w/upside down 203
      SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
      H1 wheels+tires (cut), hydroboost brakes
      custom shackle flip
      W/F150 springs
      -----Coming Soon-----
      snorkels,
      OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

The Harbor Freight 3/4 ton model would not bolt to the manifold because of the mounting angles they have at the end of the chains. They would have to be cut off and just use the chains. I am returning it for a refund this week.

I had my Harbor Freight 2 ton leveler with me also so we used that. It has just chains with no angles. It worked pretty well. We used it to slip the new drive train back in motor/tranny/transfer.
        The cranking handle on it it a poor design and will need fixed before reusing. It would of been nice to have a nut to drive with an impact like we did with yours. Lots of cranking by hand to move but it works pretty good. They are about $46 or so regular price . Right now if you are an inside track member with them you can get the 2 ton for about $27 just a buck or so more than the price of the 3/4 ton.

I'm going to modify mine to fix the handle properly and also to be able to use a drill driver on it. Both are very easy fixes. Mine is also 3 years old so maybe they have changed since then . But the box pics looked the same IIRC.

We made some good head way. Another weekend WOT would most likely finish it off no problem. Got a new tranny mount coming in and still waiting for a good main leaf.

It would be great to get a few together for one more WOT weekend. We could probably even take it for a shake down cruise. Or at least see if this Chero can make it past the Oak tree
        Tom Gibson
        1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
        1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
        1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
        2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• Retro93
          Junk Collector
          • Nov 02, 2001

Another weekend WOT would finish her off for sure.

I inspected the underhood wiring harness earlier today and found zero PO hacking. I was glad to see that, because I really didn't feel like trying to sort a mess out.

I put the hood on before it started raining to keep the water away from the engine compartment. Those things are heavy, or I have become more infirm in my old age.
          79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• addicted
            Big Meanie
            • Dec 11, 2004

Originally posted by Retro93
            Those things are heavy, or I have become more infirm in my old age.
            It's both.
            Originally posted by Ristow
            i bet it was Simon....
            he's such big meanie that way...
            please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I'm up for another weekend, in a couple of weeks. Need to get the J20 out of the driveway first. Hopefully get my furnace installed also.
              Tom Gibson
              1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
              1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• Cassidy
                230 Tornado
                • Feb 01, 2014

I have a set of 90 waggy rear main leafs in louisville.

Comment

• WHSII
                  Hack-Priss
                  • Feb 06, 2010

Hey Retro,

How is the progress? getting close?

Just checking in, Please let us know.
                  WH

Dad's J10, Honcho, 1980 Sport Side
                  Build http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=118144

https://picasaweb.google.com/113072766039246994279/JeepJ10Honcho

Herbina 1987 Grand Wagoneer

Founding Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• Retro93
                    Junk Collector
                    • Nov 02, 2001

I'm making slow but steady progress. I'm working out a method to fix the Flintstone floors right now. I think I'll take what I need from the '79. We'll see how that works out.
                    My main concern right now is the rear spring. If I can't solve that problem, there will be no way I can drive it. Time to get creative.
                    79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• WHSII
                      Hack-Priss
                      • Feb 06, 2010

Originally posted by Retro93
                      I'm making slow but steady progress. I'm working out a method to fix the Flintstone floors right now. I think I'll take what I need from the '79. We'll see how that works out.
                      My main concern right now is the rear spring. If I can't solve that problem, there will be no way I can drive it. Time to get creative.
                      Well Bubba, break down and buy two new skyjacker 4" lift springs...

Or go with the old ones and add blocks... at least until.
                      WH

Dad's J10, Honcho, 1980 Sport Side
                      Build http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=118144

https://picasaweb.google.com/113072766039246994279/JeepJ10Honcho

Herbina 1987 Grand Wagoneer

Founding Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• Retro93
                        Junk Collector
                        • Nov 02, 2001

Blocks...that sends a shiver through my spine...I guess that is one way to join the Mickey Mouse club......

Does anyone know of a rear spring that is used on another vehicle that could possibly give me 4" of lift?
                        Last edited by Retro93; 11-02-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Measure your good spring and maybe you can match it up with something on this list..

Tom Gibson

Comment

• The PIG Smith
                            King Browless

• Nov 30, 2001

Are you guys considering another WOT weekend?
                            Bryan Smith
                            2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                            - 75th Anniversary Edition - 1941 Trim Package - Recon Green
                            1986 Jeep J20
                            - Super clean rig from the AZ/CA state line
                            1982 Jeep J10
                            - Has become a Long Term Project.
                            1981 Jeep J20
                            - Commercial flat bed - Lost in a Divorce --gone
                            1987 Jeep J20 Pioneer
                            - Former Rick Bielec aka Ricbee plow rig. Major rust!! --gone

IFSJA Member #1933 Joined November 30, 2001

Originally posted by Jayrodoh
                            ...but if it works, I wouldn't touch it.
                            Originally posted by Lindel
                            Best laid plans, yada yada yada...

Comment

• Retro93
                              Junk Collector
                              • Nov 02, 2001

HOOT mentioned it, but no firm date has been set.

I've been working on the #$&&^&(*&)*%$# tailgate all day. There is some Jeep engineer sitting in hell laughing at me the deeper I get into it.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

That spring chart do you any good?
                                I'm available Thanksgiving weekend. Any other weekend will have me working here at work on Friday nights, which means me not getting there until Saturday noonish at the earliest.
                                I'm up for another though whenever.
                                Tom Gibson

Comment

Working...
                                X