• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael
    AMC 4 OH! 1

• Sep 11, 2001

3rd Annual FSJ Enchilada October 28-31

Hey Guys and Gals it is official, Dates of our 3rd Annual FSJ Enchilada is October 28-31st. As usual this is a casual get together for some great wheelin. We typically stay at the KOA. Leah and her staff make this a great place to stay. We have the entire section reserved as we have in the past. Here is the email I received from Leah with KOA Las Cruces.

Please read carefully as there is a cut off date to get the group rate.

Michael-
    Look forward to working with your group again this year - if I'm not mistaken this is the 3rd annual event.

As a reminder, the group area is our deluxe tenting, which provides electricity, and also includes our RV water and electric section (these RV sites can handle any rig 22 feet and under). Four sites will offer grassed tenting, and five sites will offer pea gravel tenting. Each site can handle up to two small tents and no more than four people.

As I've done in the previous two years, I've closed off this area to meet your group needs. As you've had cabins get rented in the past I've closed those off as well. These sites have been closed for an arrival date of October 27th and a departure date of November 1st.

For those members in your group that have not been to our campground before, our park site map can be viewed at either our website, www.lascrucescampgrounds.com or at KOA's website, www.lascruceskoa.com. The group area are sites 88, 90, 92, 93, and 95-99. The Kamping Kitchen is over in this area, which will allow for food prep. Additionally, there are BBQ grills at your disposal.

As done previously, we are willing to provide you with our 10% group discount. The rates quoted below will include the discount and taxation. Reservations must be made by September 27th to get the group discount.

Deluxe Tenting/RV Water Electric: Each site is $29.54 for two adults, or are $39.10 for four adults per night.

Basic Tenting: As offered in the past, should your group need more than the nine sites in the group area, we can spill your party over into basic tenting (in particular sites 76-79). Since these sites do not offer electricity, each site will be $26.67 for two adults, or will be $36.23 for four adults per night.

One Room KOA Cabins: Each one-room cabin can sleep up to four. Each cabin will be $53.92 for two adults, or will be $63.48 for four adults per night.

Our reservation deposit and cancellation policies are as follows:

Reservation Deposit Policy: We will need to obtain a deposit equal to the first nights' stay in order to guarantee a reservation, by processing either a Mastercard or Visa at the time of the call. We will collect the balance of the other nights upon arrival into the campground.

Cancellation Policy: RV and Tent sites have up until 48 hours prior to arrival to cancel their reservation in order to obtain a refund, less a $10 cancellation fee.

Cabins have up until 7 days prior to arrival to cancel their reservation in order to obtain a refund, less a $10 cancellation fee.

Guests must identify themselves as being with the International Full Size Jeep Association party in order to receive the group discount, and in order to be placed within your group area.

As for trailer accommodation, same as the previous two years - we can accommodate parking for some trailers in the group area. The overflow parking behind the store can be used for trailer spill over, if needed.
    1994 YJ
    Amc 360
    TF727
    Stak 3 speed
    44" Pitbull Rockers on Trailworthy H1's
    Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
    401....new project

Tow Rig Daily Driver// 2007 6.7 CTD Dually
  • Tad
    • Nov 30, 2001

WOOT!
    Thank You.
    I'll get in touch with Leah ASAP

I am really hoping some of our close (and far) members can make it this year.

It's a good time for all, you don't have to beat your rig to death unless you want to. Beautiful country and some amazing rigs.
    It's one of those places I think about settling down in some day.
    2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
    EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
    Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• fulsizjeep
      Señor Jackhead
      • Aug 21, 2002

Thanks for setting this up again Michael! I have my sites on Las Cruces for the end of October. I will still be running D44s if the toastmaster can get there. if not, I'll come down in the screamin' Eagle and hitch a ride.
      Flint
      Ran when parked.
      http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
      88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
      76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
      http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• ClovisMan
        327 Rambler
        • Jan 05, 2009

Hey Michael, what are the temps like like that time of year? Is it hotter than a cooter brown or is tent camping feasible?
        1988 Grand Wagoneer currently in pieces across the shop.

Comment

• fulsizjeep
          Señor Jackhead
          • Aug 21, 2002

I just reserved tent site 93 for 4 nights beginning Wed, Oct 27. WOOT!

It is pretty decent weather at that time. Last October, it got a little toasty (mid-high 80s) during the day but it was probably high 60s, low 70s at night and comfy tent camping.

Last edited by fulsizjeep; 07-02-2010, 09:38 AM.
          Flint
          Ran when parked.
          88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods

Comment

• Michael
            AMC 4 OH! 1

• Sep 11, 2001

Since we are a bit latter this year, I would guess it will get colder at night. Two years ago a few nights were in the 40's but last year around the 60's like Flint said. All in all October has great weather.
            1994 YJ
            Amc 360
            TF727
            Stak 3 speed
            Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
            401....new project

Comment

• fulsizjeep
              Señor Jackhead
              • Aug 21, 2002

from the way back machine for a KOA map... ...the area circled in green has the sites Michael mentioned.
              Originally posted by Tad
              Well I sort of forgot about a map for this year a couple other things I'm sure.

The area circled in green is where most folks stayed last year, it worked well.
              The area circled in blue are the cabins, Michael stayed in one so I'll let him comment on that.
              The area circled in black is just another tent area, not sure if it gets the discount but it is shaded and closer to the bathrooms (us old people like that).
              Flint
              Ran when parked.

Comment

• Tad
                • Nov 30, 2001

Catching up on some email/posting updates.
                Leah has Em and I in 92 again.
                Can't wait to test out the front D60 then.
                2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Comment

• Michael
                  AMC 4 OH! 1

• Sep 11, 2001

I may have some issues making it this year.

My jeep if falling apart and it will take alot of work to get it up to the level I like it. That being said, here is what I have done and what I need to do. I installed a Stak 3 speed tcase which is pretty cool. But then I managed to get a short to ground, due to damaged motor mounts which in turn let all the smoke out of my wire harness. I am now in the process of installing a painless wiring kit...which has been very painless. My jeep has been down for two weeks and the rear main seal decided to release all my oil.....not good and the engine is making some strange noises....not good. So I guess I am going to finish my wiring( a long time over due) and change the oil and filter and be there....LOL and install a oiling resevoir so my engine will have an endless supply of oil. Cause I do not have time to change that out.
                  1994 YJ
                  Amc 360
                  TF727
                  Stak 3 speed
                  Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
                  401....new project

Comment

• Sambo
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Sep 25, 2001

well i need see whats up with my tcase. and change a front pinion seal.
                    and see whats up with my motors mounts as well.motor sitting crooked for some odd reason..

on a good note angel and i went to queen fri night for some fun in the drizzle.
                    we found mud and plenty of it.
                    found a big hole on one of the slabs we play at.(cant wait to post that pic)which manage to cut my tranny cooler line.quick fix=cut hose take off return line and hook it back in.and back to camp we went.

hopeing steven gets his ready.
                    i have invited another fella from texas,goes by fwjeff .met him on texas4x4.org...real nice fella..has a big xj on 42's
                    77 chero DEAD.
                    84wag,360,tf727,???! possiblities are d300 flipped and a ford d44 hp with coils

Comment

• Tad
                      • Nov 30, 2001

I'm sure we can change out a RMS at the KOA if needed.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Comment

• Sambo
                        AMC 4 OH! 1
                        • Sep 25, 2001

well fellas the heep is down and out for now
                        tranny quit workin this evening.went to back out of the carport and moved 10 ft and called it quits had to push that mutha back in

i did hear a whurring noise when i started it! any suggestions what that might be? pump,torq convert?

i could swap in the 727 from the wag.i have the flywheel,and the d300 is a 23 spliner so

taking wife and kids to lubbock shopping(school stuff),just maybe i'll have some cash left over afterwards
                        77 chero DEAD.

Comment

• Desertratelpaso
                          230 Tornado
                          • Sep 09, 2009

I hadn't logged in since Oct of last year right before my engine went out. I'm hoping to have my 88 Waggy running by then. I live in El Paso so hopefully I can make it out wheeling with you guys. I've never been out there and would really like to join in the fun.

Comment

• Sambo
                            AMC 4 OH! 1
                            • Sep 25, 2001

desertratelpaso what does your rig look like?
                            77 chero DEAD.

Comment

• Desertratelpaso
                              230 Tornado
                              • Sep 09, 2009

This is what my 88 Waggy looks like

I'm not sure if the attachment took. I'll find out in a bit
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X