• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pb
    350 Buick
    • Aug 28, 2003

Difference between '75 and '76 leaf springs

does anyone know what the difference between the two is? The springs on my '75 are flat and I was wondering if some from a 76 would work, or is there some from GM, Ford, or Chysler that would fit?
    Paul
    1975 Wagoneer DD
    360 with large cap ecm controlled HEI, TBI EFI, Comp Cam 260H, Edelbrock Performer Intake, CS130 alt, 4 row radiator, S10 steering box, QT w/LO, WT 3.54 D44 axles. Rancho 9000X's, ~4" lift, Caddy rear discs.
  • Gwamp
    High Tech Redneck
    • Mar 08, 2002

The ones from the 76 will not work as they are a different size that the ones from a 75. 75 was the last year of the old post mount style springs and they are different than the 76 and up springs. However, the front springs will transfer over, just the rear ones will not fit.
    Roll up on you like Eastwood...

Comment

• Tad
      • Nov 30, 2001

The mid 70's 52" long chevy truck replacements will work for you but you will have to have the FSJ bushings pressed into them for the post mount setup.
      I run the Triangle Spring replacements with 2 1/2" of lift with a 2" block to keep it level with the front. Here is a link to the shops in MI that carry the Triangle line...

web pagehttp://www.trianglespring.com/distributors/MI.htm

...I'm not promoting any of theses shops but it never hurts to check several places to see what they are willing to do for you.
      2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
      Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

Working...
      X