• Jun 22, 2010

Formally known as "oilfieldtrash354"

"Grandpas" 1979 J-10 resto/mod-on hold for now

Preparing for Ouray 2013!!!!

Comment

• TAWL_BOY
      232 I6
      • Feb 10, 2011

We need to alert the local authorities and get this thing impounded before a bus full of nuns/babies gets destroyed.

Comment

• SNO*MAN
        258 I6
        • Mar 01, 2008

Most state laws will not allow that type of modification. Is it off road only perhaps?
        1989 "KRONK"
        Detroit front/rear 4.27 gears
        Ramsey 9000 modified bronco winch bumper
        Built 360/ 700r w/ 241c Lokar floor shifter
        Hydro-boosted brakes
        20" wheels w/ 35" Toyos
        15" Welds w/35" Uncut mud boggers
        Dual Ram Air /MSD TFI Ignition /Dakota Dash
        www.fastfinishor.com
        www.fastfinishor.blogspot.com
        www.facebook.com/fastfinishor

Comment

• alwomac
          232 I6
          • Aug 06, 2009

Everything about this is wrong, even the cord on the light has exposed electrical wires. Somebody should delete the post. This is why offroading gets a bad wrap. A piece like this runs into head on traffic and kills someone. I am not one to criticize as we all have a learning curve but if you are on this site you can see excellent examples of fab work from many of us on this forum. Blake for example always posts nice examples of his work. You should be honest with yourself and realize you don't have the skills to do the work yourself and pay someone to do it for you or better yet, buy something that is already built and just go wheel it. Do us all a favor and take that thing to a shop and get it fixed right. You will probably just be better off to just trash the front end and buy something already set up for SOA, PLEASE!!!
          Aaron Womack

1978 Cherokee 360, 400/QT, HD44, Dana 60, 4.88's, locked, 36s on H1s, SOA/SF, high steer, Rancho RS5000's (14" front/11" rear travel) lots of dents

Comment

• Gambler68
            Rabble Rouser
            • Feb 29, 2004

once the welds are ground down and everything painted Grabber Green, it'll be ok. Really.
            1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
            1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
            The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
            Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Headhoncho
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by Gambler68
              once the welds are ground down and everything painted Grabber Green, it'll be ok. Really.

That's what I do except mine's painted Hugger Orange to match my shock boots.

JR
              [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
              1966 mustang fastback
              '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                Señor Jackhead
                • Aug 21, 2002

I think his timing chain is a bit loose too...
                Flint
                Ran when parked.
                http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Blake
                  304 AMC
                  • Dec 22, 2005

lol

Please come on over to http://fsjnetwork.com/forum and have a look.

Comment

• Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
                    Cherokee Outlaw
                    • Jan 10, 2006

Oh dear God...
                    -Jonny B.
                    1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
                    7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
                    AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
                    NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
                    F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
                    R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
                    1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
                    1979 Wagoneer - Sold
                    1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

• hotjimmy
                      232 I6
                      • Feb 21, 2009

Yup, I had to. It belonged!
                      SONORA POSSE
                      Buggy- EZ-EFI 401, 727, D300, 60's, 1.75" DOM chassis, 42" Sticky Iroks
                      Thanks! Interco Tire, Sierra Gear & Axle, Powertank, Raceline Wheels, HereticFab, & Reid Racing

'82 CJ-7- AMC 401 Edyl Heads, Forged pistons, NP435, D20, Waggy D44's, Spool/Detroit, 4.56's, 36" Irok's

'77 Chero- 360, T18, D20, D44, SF14B, 35" BFG AT's

Comment

• will e
                        Always Broke
                        • Nov 16, 2001

I do appreciate you all keeping your comments civil. I saw the photos and was a little shocked myself. After scrolling through them reading the thread I just keep shaking my head.
                        Then I remembered that he has previously posted pics. It is an off road only rig and if I remember correctly you are going to swap out the blocks for the 4" springs?? The steering is still scary but it's good to know you trailer it to/from where you wheel. You might invest in some 5 point harnesses and a roll bar.

Flint... the timing chain joke was good... very funny!
                        Last edited by will e; 11-25-2011, 02:38 PM.
                        82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• alwomac
                          232 I6
                          • Aug 06, 2009

Originally posted by hotjimmy
                          Yup, I had to. It belonged!
                          Yeah I saw that posted on Pirate's Ghetto Fab thread today. How funny?
                          Aaron Womack

1978 Cherokee 360, 400/QT, HD44, Dana 60, 4.88's, locked, 36s on H1s, SOA/SF, high steer, Rancho RS5000's (14" front/11" rear travel) lots of dents

Comment

• Mr.Happyface
                            232 I6
                            • Aug 31, 2010

Originally posted by Mr.Happyface
                            Here is how I did my SOA setup but I have high steer. I took the plate that was used to hold it from the factory and flatened it.

I a'm glad to see I provided you guys some Holiday entertainment. It does get towed to and from the park and is for Rockcrawling only.
                            Blue 77 Wagoneer 401,Dana 44s,5.13 gears,spools,35 Boggers,12inch lift,offroader
                            Tan 77 Wagoneer 360 parts jeep.

Green 78 Wagoneer 360 parts jeep.

Comment

• will e
                              Always Broke
                              • Nov 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mr.Happyface
                              I a'm glad to see I provided you guys some Holiday entertainment. It does get towed to and from the park and is for Rockcrawling only.
                              You have to admit, it is a little scary the first time you see it.

Just keep it slow and I would personally avoid any significant hills. If one of those part snaps under load while you are pointed up/down hill you might find yourself going end over end or snaping a brake line and all heck breaking lose. You have added a lot of extra torque to places it wasn't designed to handle.
                              82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Heimeken
                                304 AMC
                                • Nov 29, 2000

Getting back to the question at hand, this is what I did. I cut and drilled a plate (5/16 I think) for a shock stud to mount on. This also served as a spcer to offset the height difference of the perches due to the casting on the drivers side. Later on I added a similare plate to the top of the drivers side for a second stabilizer.

'85 Grand Wagoneer "Caterpillar"
                                401, NV4500, 3/4 ton gear

'79 Cherokee "The Sandgorgon"
                                One Tons, SOA,T18 on 40's

78 J10 "Imoteb"
                                J20 running gear and axles

Comment

Working...
                                X