• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluesj
    232 I6
    • Oct 20, 2011

Rear shoulder belt

I searched and saw lots of pics, but only one with the rear belt attached to the pillar instead of the roof..Any one do a write up on this?Any pros cons? to me it looks cleaner.
    88 Grand Wagoneer
  • JollyRancher
    232 I6
    • Sep 14, 2011

I looked into the door pillar option when I was researching this. Wagoneer World uses the pillar instead of using the factory ceiling mount. (http://wagoneerworld.com/optionsupgrades.php) The door pillar option does look cleaner, but in my opinion, it puts the belt too far forward. If you sit in the back seat and test out the two locations, then compare with the location of the belts for the front seats, you'll see what I mean. I have a kid still in a booster seat with a back on it, and the door pillar mount was not going to work for that. I also compared it to our old Volvo 240 wagon, and the rear ceiling mount puts it in pretty much the same location as the Volvo.
    '91 Grand Wag
    Colorado Red
    RV Cam; Edelbrock 1406; HEI; Custom 4-row rad, 3" single pipe + Magnaflow 12289

Comment

• FSJ Guy
      • Mar 20, 2005

The factory rear belt installation kit uses the "roof" mounted bolt hole instead of anything on the pillar area.

Jeep uses it, so it must be good enough, right?

If it didn't come up, see my sig link for my rear belt write-up.
      Ethan Brady
      1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

• Bluesj
        232 I6
        • Oct 20, 2011

FSJ guy, I did look at your write up and is probably the way Ill go..I would still like to hear from someone that post mounted it.And wouldn,t mind seeing the instructions from the dealer belts..
        88 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• KyooMac
          258 I6
          • Oct 26, 2006

The largest resource for full size Jeep information on the net! The IFSJA is a community of owners and enthusiasts of SJ series Full Size Jeeps.

Comment

• Bluesj
            232 I6
            • Oct 20, 2011

Well I guess I just need to decide on new or used belts because I cant install what i don't have..thanks for the reply's..
            88 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

Working...
            X