• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

Cost to redo interior

My son and I are redoing a 78 wagoneer . What is a ball park figure to recover two front buckets and back seat. Also is there something close to the original cloth inserts on the seat still available.
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box
  • Strode
    1st Chair, Cowbell
    • Nov 08, 2011

Shop around. I got alot of estimates, some in the $1500 range. Finally found a old school guy who did my high back buckets and the back seat for $700. That was as cheap as it was going to get.

No idea on the materials. I found out they have samples of everything, but getting the actual material is different. Mine wasn't stock materials, you could probably find something close.
    Brad
    (*Allowed to post while failed 'I am not a Bot' test results are under appeal)

My build thread: 1982 Cherokee Laredo

Ristow's Bunker

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
      304 AMC
      • Jul 20, 2014

That would be great if I could get the seats done for that. My door panels are in good shape. I think we can get by with just replacing the carpet on the bottom of door panels. Also the card board backing needs replacing,but I think my son and I can handle the door panel work and maybe the tailgate panel also.
      1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
      Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• men in black
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Jul 08, 2006

Try this place, they have alot of old auto fabric.

Original Auto Interiors
        7869 Trumble Rd.
        Columbus, Mi 48063

Phone # 586 727 2486
        1990 Grand Wagoneer.. black with sand interior..
        Razor grille, Hella H4 headlights, Piaa driving, LED spider taillights, tinted windows.
        Full Corinthian leather front and rear seats, custom full length center console with cup holders. 100 sf of Rattle Trap on floor.
        Edelbrock intake and 2132 cam, Howell TBI, Ford Distributor Cap, TFI Ignition Coil, Desmogged

Comment

• mdcptman
          Jeep Therapist
          • Apr 09, 2010

I had a guy offer to do the buckets, console and back seat for $ 750.00 in all vynil.

This guy advertises the fabric
          Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
          88 Grand Wagoneer
          360/727/NP208/dana 3.31s
          Edelbrock 2131
          Holley 600
          Hydroboost
          Hedman headers
          Dual exhaust
          MSD6A, TFI
          Digital Gauges
          Rusty's 2" Lift
          31x10.5 15LT15s
          Quote From Friend's Mom:
          "You don't rely on that vehicle do you?"

Comment

• WHSII
            Hack-Priss
            • Feb 06, 2010

I had a boat interior guy do my seats, front arm rest, and build the door panels from scratch for $750. He used a backer board that was water proof.

The carpet was about $270 for a J truck, the headliner I cleaned up and reused.

It all depends on what you do, who you find to do the work and how much you are willing to pay.

I probably had $1500 with what I did. Cheep in the long run counting vinyl dye, and no labor.
            Last edited by WHSII; 12-18-2014, 02:00 PM.
            WH

Dad's J10, Honcho, 1980 Sport Side
            Build http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=118144

https://picasaweb.google.com/113072766039246994279/JeepJ10Honcho

Herbina 1987 Grand Wagoneer

Founding Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• myther
              230 Tornado
              • May 13, 2014

I had my sets just redone and it cost me just over $1000. Shop around. I had my seats done not too long ago in my 67 rebel and it cost me 1300 for them.

Comment

Working...
              X