• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keej
    232 I6
    • May 17, 2004

July TOTM: Interior Mods!!!

Hope I don't step on anyone's toes here, but let's get a July TOTM started...

What custom mods have you done to your interior? Where did you get your parts? Share some restoration techniques, etc...

Thanks,

Jeremy Kee

or

[ July 09, 2004, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: keej ]
  • J10Mike
    Delightfully Incompetent
    • Jun 04, 2003

jeremy,
    this is what i did with the interior of my j10. added procomp seats and clutter catcher center console. the po install the inside aluminum(?) door panels.
    www.j10mike.com
    Former - 1982 J10 Sportside, 360, TFI, 727/208, J20 axles, D44HD/Detroit TruTrac, D60/Detroit Locker, D60 disk brake conversion, 4.10s, 5 inch Superlift, 35x12.5x16.5 BFGs on AR767 Wheels. Procomp Super Seats. MileMarker 9000 on Cliffhanger front bumper. Dozer II rear bumper. Rhino Grill conversion. NP208 floor shifter conversion.

Comment

• Allen78J20
      350 Buick
      • Jan 31, 2002

Wow I like those seats! And now I know where to mount a fire extinguisher! Good idea! Ive added a 89 GW overhead console and a 70 Super Waggy floor console into my J20.

Comment

• Cory
        304 AMC
        • Nov 01, 2002

So far I have 2000 Neon seats, clutter catcher, spray vinyl painted my visors black, and have torn out the carpet.

I plan on replacing the door panels with some soft vinyl, and carpet from BJs. I also plan on making removeable floor mats from BJs 3ftX6ft. pieces, all throughout the interior. I've removed the headliner and am currently trying to see how I can keep it removed, but make it more aesthetically pleasing. I also plan on spraying the dashboard black (turning the jeep into the laredo cream color/black paint scheme never found anywhere).

I'll have pictures when some significant progress has been made that I like.
        91 Final Edition GW: Stock for now.

Comment

• J10Mike
          Delightfully Incompetent
          • Jun 04, 2003

thanks allen. i was worried that i might keep accidently kicking the fire extinguisher as i got in or out of the truck. but, i haven't had any skirmishes between it and my feet as so far.
          www.j10mike.com
          Former - 1982 J10 Sportside, 360, TFI, 727/208, J20 axles, D44HD/Detroit TruTrac, D60/Detroit Locker, D60 disk brake conversion, 4.10s, 5 inch Superlift, 35x12.5x16.5 BFGs on AR767 Wheels. Procomp Super Seats. MileMarker 9000 on Cliffhanger front bumper. Dozer II rear bumper. Rhino Grill conversion. NP208 floor shifter conversion.

Comment

• Gambler68
            Rabble Rouser
            • Feb 29, 2004

i mounted my fire extinguisher on the passenger side kick panel..they're too busy holding on for dear life to worry about kicking it.
            1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
            1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
            The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
            Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• keej
              232 I6
              • May 17, 2004

I like the look of the aluminum door panels, but are they noisy???

If I was to build my own door panels and cover them in vinyl or a synthetic leather (to match the leather adjustable seats from a newer model), what kind of material should I start off with? What kind of glues do you use?

Comment

• J10Mike
                Delightfully Incompetent
                • Jun 04, 2003

keej,
                yes, they are noisy. i was just thinking recently about putting something thin under the panels to quiet them down.
                www.j10mike.com

Comment

• Tad
                  • Nov 30, 2001

Well I got 6x9's into my front doors.

Since I never had anything to start with it was pretty east to do using this panel I CNC plasma cut.

I also designed a 3 guage panel for the dash that fits in place of the radio but that was a bear to install so I never tried to do it again.
                  2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                  EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                  Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• FSJnovice
                    350 Buick
                    • Dec 17, 2003

here is a link to some other mods.

since for some reason I can no longer view or logon to fsjworld take a look and see what ya like. I on the other hand would like to use a material that would not be damaged by moisture to be used for door panels myself, any ideas anyone?

[ July 11, 2004, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: FSJnovice ]
                    Mike
                    88 GW stock
                    360/727/229
                    project

Comment

• keej
                      232 I6
                      • May 17, 2004

What about changing the color of the dash and plastic pieces? Any suggestions?

Comment

• 75wag401
                        232 I6
                        • Jun 23, 2004

ive got a hurst pistol grip 2 shifter, no middle console, msd offroad mounted on the pan(over the tranny),tach mounted next to it, and fire extiguisher right the shifter. I used to have the tach up in the left corner of my windshield, which was cool, but the visor kinda got in the way, but it looked good. but as usual, I ain't got no pics yet. still tryin to get it runnin, and runnin right

Comment

• j10jim
                          327 Rambler
                          • Jan 11, 2003

Here are a couple of pictures of my dash. Also have a complete cage inside the cab, goes down thru the dash.

www.fullsizejeeps.com/jeeps/files/Misc-Pictures/Dash_2small.jpg

www.fullsizejeeps.com/jeeps/files/Misc-Pictures/Dash_3small.jpg

jim sterling
                          1980 J-10<br />Rusty\'s 4 inch lift<br />2 inch body lift,<br />35 in Xterrains on J20 axles<br />4:30 gears<br />Detroits<br />In-Cab cage thru the dash

Comment

• Sitting Bull
                            360 AMC
                            • Sep 18, 2000

Here's my CB install...
                            Brad Reardon<br />1977ish Cherokee Chief.

Comment

• ACDuff
                              232 I6
                              • Dec 15, 2002

Here are a couple of pictures of my dash.
                              j10jim

Jim:

That is sorta the set-up I'm thinking about in my '85 GW. Have the ashtray first and then the radio. Planning on taking them out for gauges. What are the four you have added? What did you use for a panel? Looks like it is just held by screws.

Alan
                              '85 GW

Comment

Working...
                              X