• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pablito
    232 I6
    • Sep 15, 2003

install question..

Hi..
    finally i have the soft ride kit lift(4spring for 4")and body lift(2") in my garage..
    tomorrow i'm going to my mechanic for install the kit..i haven't the install instruction.
    i have hear that there is some problem to install skyjacker kit..cold you give me some suggestions?
    thank you very much!
    chief 80 4200td(VM)
  • Tad
    • Nov 30, 2001

I do not think there are any problems with your install that would be different than other kits.
    Broken bolts maybe.
    Brake lines too short, maybe.
    Did the kit come with the drop pitman arm?
    Might be issues there but many folks here do not use one.
    2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
    EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
    Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

one important procedure for the install...

leave the spring bolts and shackle bolts LOOSE until you lower the Jeep back to the ground.

have a few guys bounce the front and rear to somewhat 'settle' the springs.. then torque the spring bolts and shackle bolts to specific torque value.

This is done to eliminate a false lift. If you tighten it all up with the suspension hanging on the lift, it will be a false lift (too high) and stiff ride.
      Todd
      www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• pablito
        232 I6
        • Sep 15, 2003

thank you very much for your suggestion!!
        and another thing: how much is the torque value for the spring bolts and shackle bolts?
        becose in the kit there wasen't the instruction manual..
        chief 80 4200td(VM)

Comment

Working...
        X