X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

2015 Spring Ramblings

OK guys get out of your hibernation dens.

Who is out there?

You running?

Need help?

Wanna help?

Need parts?

Got parts to sell?

This is where I'm at right now. Some plans may change but the goal is to drive this to CO in July.
    Looking to take some shake down cruises with my 85 J10. Currently putting new switches , lights in it. Bucket seats coming real soon then onto some light engine mods. 4V and HEI all smog stuff removed. All axles are coming out for new bearings ,seals and universals and studs. New Tires and rims in storage waiting. .
    Tom Gibson
    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.
  • jsinajeep
    304 AMC
    • Nov 26, 2005

OK Hoot, you going to be like Will e and not have it back together by
    mid july
    http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...eep%20Trailer/

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

We should have it all done after Memorial Day. You are stopping by to help wrench on it ain't cha...
      Tom Gibson
      1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
      1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Prices are slashed and so is the J20.. Come join the fun buy some parts. Pet the dog.. This thing needs to be out of my driveway ASAP. 96 T Bird goes to the first $500.
        Tom Gibson

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Poor 1981 J20 truck is looking sadder every day. Chunks of the cab now missing and hopefully the rest of it will be missing soon also.
          Rear brake parts bought for the 85 J10. Parts go out for powder coating tomorrow hopefully. Then some more dis-assembly and more planning. $580 worth of parts on the way.

Time to start sorting out the interior for the J10.

Nice spice tan bench seat now up for grabs to the first $100

T Bird is still here as is the dog.
          Tom Gibson

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Rear wheel studs,check
            bearings, check
            seals,check
            spring hardware kits, check
            wheel cylinders,check
            E brake cables, check
            brake shoes, check
            lug nuts, check
            new Swamper Iroks, drool , I mean check
            Slotted mags,check
            rear end gasket, check
            pinion seals,check
            transmission mount, check
            transfercase stud and bushings, check
            door wipes,check
            fuel filler hoses, check
            sending unit, check
            new hard gas lines,check
            SS braided brake lines, check
            SS hard brake lines, check
            new Bilsteins,check
            battery cables, check
            NOS tail lights, check
            new side marker lights,check
            new front blinker lights,check
            new tail light gaskets, check
            front wheel studs,check
            new lug nuts , check
            all new front wheel bearings, check
            Seals up front,check
            spindle bearings, check
            axle seals, check
            new headlight switch, check
            new wiper switch, check
            new dash panel and gauges,check
            new headliner, check
            new kick panels, check
            motor mounts,check
            transmission filter, check
            transmission fluid,check
            rear main seal,check
            oil filter,check
            oil,check

I think that is all I have to install so far, this all came in this week and what hasn't should be here by Monday or so.
            Hopefully I found a good gas tank for it. Haven't decided on new carpet color yet.
            Then it gets a roll bar and leather bucket seats that were for another J10. Also putting the Offenhauser manifold and 4350 4V on it with a MSD6a TFI unit from the J20.
            AC has the R134 fittings and seals installed and ready to go after I get the dash unit back in.
            New headlight housings,9003 bulbs and Serehill's headlight relay already in.
            New Grant steering wheel already in.
            The drive shafts are getting all new universals as well as the axle shafts.
            The whole front suspension may get replaced still need to evaluate it. It drives excellent though other than being bouncy. Hopefully the bucket seats and new shocks will eliminate that.

No telling what else I'll find laying around that will go in it.

For a truck that was going to be a temporary ride I fell in love with it and decided to keep it for a daily driver.

This weekend is still mainly a destruction weekend getting the old J20 out of the driveway and making room in the garage for what is about to go down next week.
            My goal is to get this to the ECI in June and then off to Ouray in July.
            I'll be filling the Tiki torches with Quadra-trac fluid to appease the Jeep gods.
            From there it will be a life of leisure for it as the other 2 J's are the work and wheeling trucks. hopefully i'm not spending my time repairing this truck and I get the time to give the other 2 trucks a huge makeover. Most of the big money upgrades for them are here and waiting already.

T Bird still for sale and the dog is waiting to be petted.
            Last edited by HOOT; 05-15-2015, 01:24 AM.
            Tom Gibson

Comment

• DBX11
              258 I6
              • May 18, 2009

Dang! You been busy.. Do the jeep gods require authentic qtrac fluid or willthe homebrew work out. Anyway I'm down for a cruise if you want just give a heads up notice.

Comment

• j2sax
                350 Buick
                • Mar 20, 2003

Go HOOT!

Doing it right it looks like! Need to get out there sometime... believe I will be doing more training sessions for KOI and don't plan to fly next time. Will have to make a side trip to your place!

Won't be in an FSJ as Company buys the gas in the Equinox, but I hope to be allowed to at least pet the killer guard dog!
                Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

The gods require official AMC quadra-trac fluid for sacrifice. Using Mopar or TC-1 brands will only anger them more. I want to do a shake down cruise to Morehead,KY in a week or 2.

Jessie Rudy says bring Pupperoni sticks or your tires get whizzed on. Give me a heads up in advance if you can. I tend to do some crazy hours for work since it and the dog are the only controlling factors.
                  Tom Gibson

Comment

• DBX11
                    258 I6
                    • May 18, 2009

10-4 Morehead ky is a great drive it just the way home that gets me. What weekend you thinking about?

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I'll probably be wrenching on mine all next weekend, Memorial Day weekend, so it will most likely be the weekend of May 30th or 31st. I have tons of Kroger fuel points that will give us $1 off every gallon. I am sitting on 6000 points that expire on May 31st. I never got to go to Florida like I planned.

Maybe Kim will have that Chero back together and we can do a trip down to the lake or something.

Anyone else that wants to tag along with their Jeep is more than welcome.
                      Tom Gibson

Comment

Working...
                      X