Best zombie equipment for your FSJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best zombie equipment for your FSJ

Since the snowpocalypse is upon us I figure the zombies aren't far behind. Time to outfit your rig to ensure zombie survival.

I'm still not sold on the best transfercase for zombies.

I'm toying with some zombie skid plate ideas to keep undead bits from contaminating my undercarriage.

And I think I want to modify my brush guard to function more like a cow catcher on a train. My current factory brush guard would give the undead more hand and foot holds than I'd like.

Altho.... with all the snow lately I've become enamored of the front end snow blowers with the big whirley blades that blow the snow up and out of a chute off to the side of the road. I am thinking that would be mighty handy in rendering the walking dead into tiny harmless bits. And it blows the gore away from your FSJ so clean up is a breeze!
    Last edited by Jeepstress; 02-09-2010, 01:03 PM.
    Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
    77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
    The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...
  • DerekTJeep
    Turbocharged Quandary
    • Mar 28, 2003

Turbo engine. I would need the rig to go fast to go places to pull those rigs out of snow every where.

Also a come along stuff.
    1999 Chevy Express 3500 cargo van

1997 Mercury Mountaineer

AIM: derektjeep

[email protected]

224 805 0773 text message is the king!!!

Find me on facebook under Derek Troy

Comment

• Bulldog67
      232 I6
      • Feb 25, 2009

Ben Hur style bladed wheels should keep the ride entertaining and avoid any dents (or anymore dents than is already there!)
      Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional !!

'79 J10 AMC 401
      '80 Chief AMC 360
      '81 CJ7 AMC 401
      '82 CJ8 AMC 360

www.birtydastards.co.uk (UK Old Iron Jeep Club: not for the easily offended)

& the 20 Jeeps (pics & write ups) I have owned over the last 5 years: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/ind...?topic=20288.0

Comment

• j20brett
        360 AMC
        • Jul 05, 2006

My contributions

Would a wide mud type tire or would tall skinny (maybe with studs) work better for plowing though Zombies ?

I'm thinking, would a short wheelbase or longer wheelbase be better for zombies? A short wheelbase would be easier to manuver, but a long wheelbase is steadier. And axles, would half ton axles be enough, or should we start upgrading to one ton stuff for plowing into those really big hoardes of zombies and running really big
        Kaiser - 1981 J20 115" WB - 5.3l/4l60E/np241c/3-link hp60 spooled/Leafs 14-bolt detroit/5.13's/40's

Build Thread

Fight Crime...Shoot Back.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• j20brett
          360 AMC
          • Jul 05, 2006

Dont know if anyone mentioned a machine gun turret yet though Preferably .50 cal
          Kaiser - 1981 J20 115" WB - 5.3l/4l60E/np241c/3-link hp60 spooled/Leafs 14-bolt detroit/5.13's/40's

Build Thread

Fight Crime...Shoot Back.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• mdill
            Gone. Not Forgotten.
            • Nov 22, 2000

Originally posted by j20brett
            Dont know if anyone mentioned a machine gun turret yet though Preferably .50 cal
            I disagree, .50 cal ammo is heavy and given it only matters where you hit a Zombi not really how hard you hit them (only head shots matter) I would think a .30 cal or less would be a better choice.

Mike D,
            -----------------------------------------
            Home of ADHD project list

1977 J-10 Honcho 360-T15-D20
            1977 Cherokee WT 360-Th400-NP241 true-trac(s)
            1979 Cherokee 4 Door 258-T-18-D20
            1981 Cherokee Chief WT 360-727-NP208
            1972 K20 Suburban 350 SM465 205
            And the other stuff that gets driven
            ----------------------------------------

Comment

• Lindel
              Perfesser of Jeepology
              • Jun 15, 2000

I like the cow-catcher idea for the brush guard, but I too am in a quandry about the transfer case. I've got a soft spot for the QT (in my head, most likely), but a tough-as-nails part time case really appeals. A 205 or a 203/205 doubler set up perhaps.

The snow blower attachment has some merit, but it would have to be driven off of a separate engine, not hydraulics or electric. Unless you know someone at the Oshkosh factory that is...
              Jeep Grounds
              RRV Homepage
              Texas Full Size Jeep Association
              1987 Grand Wagoneer
              AMC 360/TF727/NP229
              1999 Wrangler Sport
              4.0L/AX-15/NV231

?Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction? by Ronald Reagan.

Formerly of DFW/Gun Barrel City, TX - eventually to return...

Comment

Originally posted by Lindel
                The snow blower attachment has some merit, but it would have to be driven off of a separate engine, not hydraulics or electric. Unless you know someone at the Oshkosh factory that is...
                The one here at work is deisel powered. But again, that leads to fuel issues once the grid is down. Unless you can manufacture your own bio-deisel on the go.
                Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
                77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
                The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• Ristow
                  • Jan 20, 2006

if you act like them you can walk amongst them. i discovered and tested this at Angies family reunion.
                  Originally posted by Hankrod
                  Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                  ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                  I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                    Señor Jackhead
                    • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by Ristow
                    if you act like them you can walk amongst them. i discovered and tested this at Angies family reunion.
                    yer a brave man or a crazy man me thinks

The snow blower could spit the zombie parts in a big receptical and then you cookem down for fuel with a rig on a trailer behind you. You can probably use the exhaust on the FSJ and blower to provide at least some of the heat needed. Imagine the possibilities...

Flint
                    Ran when parked.
                    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Lindel
                      Perfesser of Jeepology
                      • Jun 15, 2000

Livin dangerous, ain'tcha!

The big snow blowers will spew zombie parts far and wide!
                      Jeep Grounds
                      RRV Homepage
                      Texas Full Size Jeep Association
                      1987 Grand Wagoneer
                      AMC 360/TF727/NP229
                      1999 Wrangler Sport
                      4.0L/AX-15/NV231

?Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction? by Ronald Reagan.

Formerly of DFW/Gun Barrel City, TX - eventually to return...

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
                        350 Buick
                        • Jul 09, 2009

I live in down town LA,CA and YES this actually works! (sometimes)
                        You have to be careful though.
                        Zombieisim is contagious.
                        So Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large quantities.
                        (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• Tatsadasayago
                          350 Buick
                          • May 15, 2009

An on-board steam cleaner is a must during those cold days of Zombie-Grinding. The body fat, hair, teeth and eyeballs clog the screws after a few hundred and the steam pressure washer makes short work of things so you can get back in business fast.
                          A hunter/gatherer team concept works well in the tactical view.
                          One does the grinding while the other loads n goes.

OH, should you find yourself immobilzed, you can stop them zombies dead in their tracks by talking about lift, duration, compression ratios and manual transmission theory.....they cannot process this and it buys you time to git....

OK, out to the garage with me, too much free time on my hands.........

Jim
                          KY7DX/6
                          76 401 Wagoneer *The Gag-O-Neer*
                          77 360 W/T Cherokee Chief *Blair Jeep Project III* http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=113707

Sacramento, CA USA

Comment

• Murphy
                            350 Buick
                            • Jul 15, 2007

Originally posted by Jeepstress
                            Altho.... with all the snow lately I've become enamored of the front end snow blowers with the big whirley blades that blow the snow up and out of a chute off to the side of the road. I am thinking that would be mighty handy in rendering the walking dead into tiny harmless bits. And it blows the gore away from your FSJ so clean up is a breeze!
                            I like that. Chew'em up and spit'em out. The red fluid oughta help it self clean too. Look for the ones with moose in the hair when you need to grease it.

Last edited by Murphy; 02-09-2010, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• FSJ Guy
                              • Mar 20, 2005

Originally posted by mdill
                              I disagree, .50 cal ammo is heavy and given it only matters where you hit a Zombi not really how hard you hit them (only head shots matter) I would think a .30 cal or less would be a better choice.

Mike D,
                              A shotgun blast to the head works best.
                              Ethan Brady
                              1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

Working...
                              X