• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KillyMcGee
    232 I6
    • Aug 26, 2019

Hedman headers and y pipe issues

Headers went in great, no complaints there. Didn't have to cut the header for the dipstick tube. The issue I have is no exhaust shop for about 90 miles from my place so I'm trying to do this myself. I found this Y pipe and its a very close fit for me:

The issue I'm up against is the headers are the typical full length header that comes down and the outlet is parallel to the ground. Instead its a few inches shorter than the typical full length header and the outlet is a few degrees off. So the Y pipe listed its a very close fit to what I need. Its tucks around the front drive shaft pretty good, its a 3" pipe into a 3" Y. The driver side I can clock the pipe around the correct angle and I think a 3" collector will work. The passenger side I haven't come up with a solution yet but I have more room over there to work with. The problem with the driver side is the brake proportioning valve is really close the pipe. I consider relocating it and am wondering what you guys did for a y pipe with these headers or if anyone has relocated the valve?
    85 and 86 GWs
  • MrN2OBelvedere
    232 I6
    • Sep 26, 2015

I have developed a pipe that is mandrel bent and will bolt in. Pm me.

Comment

Working...
    X