• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 91G-Dub
    360 AMC
    • Aug 21, 2004

MAFSJC 2008 Spring Fling

OK folks here we go again. Last year I tried to organize a Spring Fling and it never worked out. On our last adventure I spoke with some of the members and we have decided to try again.

Our 2008 Spring Fling will be held at Rausch Creek over the weekend of April 25, 26 & 27th. I have already contacted Lynn at Rausch Creek and they're happy to have us back again. Come for the weekend or just a day of Full Size Jeep off-road adventures.

Rausch Creek is located within minutes of Interstate 81 at the Tower City/Tremont exit (#107). Driving directions are on their website. For those of you that want to make an overnight camping trip, there is free "primitive" camping at the park, see their website for details. They charge a $10.00 yearly membership fee and the daily entrance fee is $30.00 for the vehicle and driver. Passengers age 16 and up are $5.00 each (When a passenger joins the park, the $5.00 fee is waived that day). For details about the park check their website: http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/index.php

Start getting your Jeeps ready, mark your calendars, plan your menus bring along the kids and dogs and come join us for a really great time. We've done Rausch Creek a few times now and everyone has told me how much fun it is.

As always the MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep club charges no fees or dues.
    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
    1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson
  • FSJ-Earl
    304 AMC
    • May 02, 2003

Put me down for a definate maybe! I might even have my new super secret trail rig project up and running by then!
    FSJ-Earl
    2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
    2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
    1989 GW - the one that started it all
    1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

Comment

• The Gator
      258 I6
      • Mar 29, 2003

I'm 75% There..
      The Gator :
      1976 Wagoneer7"in SOA 3"in Body Lift Custom Rock Bumpers36x12.50 TSL Swampers on 15x10 Extreme Rockcrawlers.
      http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/wagoneer/

BOWTECH ARCHERY PROSTAFFER...

Comment

• GOJO
        232 I6
        • Nov 05, 2007

Hope to be there

Only an empty bank acct can keep us away. We're saving our pennies for a return trip. Hope to see you all there. We were there this weekend and spent two solid days wheelin all over the park. Had a ball. Tried out the new trail 21. It's tight but doable for the full size trucks. Ricky made it thru with GOJO. I posted a few pics on Jeep Junkie. Take a look if you wish: http://jeepjunkie.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219
        Last edited by GOJO; 03-17-2008, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Headhoncho
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Oct 11, 2006

My attendance is going to be determined by the NJ DOT.
          We'll see what happens.

JR
          [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
          1966 mustang fastback
          '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• JeepinPete
            304 AMC
            • Dec 09, 2003

I think I am going to be there, with the wife and little one in tow. My son is two years old, and already a Jeep junky He gets the biggest kick out of driving the jeep around in the yard, so I want to see how he does for a full day of wheeling. Worse comes to worse, it flops and I have to take him and my wife home. I'll just drive back up the next morning.
            Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
            Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
            Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• hockeyref
              230 Tornado
              • Mar 19, 2008

Well here we go again. First off, here is my "new" account, so let's see if this reply goes up unlike my old account from last year.

I'm pretty sure Adam and I are going to make, Nancy and Naomi are not so sure. Anybody who has been there recently, have you seen the new campsites? Nancy was pretty turned off by sleeping and living in all the coal. Man that stuff was everywhere and on everything.

We will be driving our Christmas ZJ again. If this reply works, look for my post in the for sale section next. My '83 258 SJ is going up. I would really love to know that old Jack went to a club member who will do right by him. Read and you will understand. He is the truck I first met Bill in and got my off road cherry popped in on "that hill" as Bill likes to say. Great to hear from everyone, looking forward to having a great time....

Paul and Adam
              '83, 258, SJ Cherokee, Gone!
              '98 ZJ Grand Cherokee, Larado 28Z
              NEW '98 ZJ Grand Cherokee, 5.2 LTD
              '00 WJ Grand Cherokee Larado 26F
              '72, 318, 4 Door Sedan Dodge Dart
              '72, 318, Plymouth Scamp

Comment

• GOJO
                232 I6
                • Nov 05, 2007

Camping

We used the new camping area last year. The section where we camped was 'wooded'. Site prep was minimal though. Not much more had been done other than remove some of the underbrush. Unfortunately all the little stumps were left in place. It was a challenge finding a place where you didn't have the stumps jabbing through the bottom of the tents. Over time I guess that stuff will dissapear. I noticed when we were up there this past weekend that they had added some picnic tables scattered through the area. That's a nice touch.

I'll definetly be bringing along some extra padding for under the sleeping bags. Nothing like sleeping on stumps to keep you awake at night.

There is a lower section that seemed to be pretty much flat ground that had been cleared. I never looked closely but it seemed that maybe it was covered with stone dust or something like that. Seemed clean and relatively flat. Saw lots of tents set out along that area, so it must have worked for them.

As far as the coal dust, didn't notice any of that mess in the new area.

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                  360 AMC
                  • Aug 21, 2004

My plan is to head up there on Friday (hope to be there around 3:00PM) and if I'm there first I'll snag a camping area.

Haven't been there since they opened the new entrance. Can anybody give me some direction to look for the "best" spot?
                  91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                    360 AMC
                    • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by Headhoncho
                    My attendance is going to be determined by the NJ DOT.
                    We'll see what happens.

JR
                    Don't need not stinking NJ inspection once you cross the ling into PA. At least that's my plan
                    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• hockeyref
                      230 Tornado
                      • Mar 19, 2008

Ya know I could probably make a good buck off of all your smoggers needing to get your older trucks thru the sticker police in your states. Let's start the bidding on leasing out upstate NY addresses.... lol
                      '72, 318, Plymouth Scamp

Comment

• GOJO
                        232 I6
                        • Nov 05, 2007

'best' camping area

The area where we camped for the event last fall was just fine. As you enter you just go to the right and the campsites are along the woodline. They use old tire rims for campfire rings and they now have some picnic tables in that area. I'd go a little down the woodline away from the entrance just to avoid some of the noise from that area, but really it's hard to avoid the hustle bustle since the campsites are sandwiched between the entrance, the road and the main parking area.

If anyone has used that lower section that appears to have been cleared, I'd be interested in knowing what they thought of it. That area would be kind of like camping in the parking lot as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• hockeyref
                          230 Tornado
                          • Mar 19, 2008

Hey,
                          Anybody else coming along? This thread has gotten a little quiet the last few days. Come on guys, where are you all???
                          '72, 318, Plymouth Scamp

Comment

• Battle_Wagon_NJ
                            327 Rambler
                            • Jun 08, 2005

I can't get time off in April - Trout Season - have fun without me.
                            1986 Grand Wagoneer, HEI, 4" spring lift, 31" BFG tires, vintage warn winch, 100k mi (mint when I bought it in 2001, now - not so much!)
                            The Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Someone you know used to drive one of these. Ask me about Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club events.

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                              360 AMC
                              • Aug 21, 2004

So far it looks like this:
                              Pete & family
                              Art
                              JR (possible)
                              Paul
                              Piney Mike
                              Bill
                              Doug
                              Gator (possible)
                              The MD crew
                              Lou
                              Am I missing anyone?
                              Last edited by 91G-Dub; 03-31-2008, 02:36 PM.
                              91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X