X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R69US
    232 I6
    • Apr 06, 2015

I've had the base model 400hp version for about a year now. I used their inline setup instead of the FCC, so no issues there. It's been reliable and it runs better than it did with the carb. The only real issue I had is you need to ensure you don't drop 12V to the unit during cranking. This is technically mentioned in the install instructions but it should be more clear. Since sorting that out, it's been great for the price so far. Easy enough to install, and having it all in one unit makes for a clean setup.

Comment

• GreenMachine
      232 I6
      • Jun 14, 2002

Had mine installed since June with no issues. Cheap inline fuel pump mounted to the rear cross member and 31 gallon spare tire location fuel tank. Mine gets almost 14 mpg now and my 2009 chevy 2500hd 4x4 with the 6.0 barely gets 12.. I drive the Jeep more to save money on gas....
      GreenMachine

Comment

• Mikel
        • Aug 09, 2000

Originally posted by GreenMachine
        Had mine installed since June with no issues. Cheap inline fuel pump mounted to the rear cross member and 31 gallon spare tire location fuel tank. Mine gets almost 14 mpg now and my 2009 chevy 2500hd 4x4 with the 6.0 barely gets 12.. I drive the Jeep more to save money on gas....
        How do you compare performance and MPG to when it had the carb?
        Last edited by Mikel; 01-04-2018, 02:37 PM.
        1969 M715 6x6
        1963 J300 Swivel frame

Comment

• babywag
          out of order
          • Jun 08, 2005

Can't speak for fitech, but with GM TBI very noticeable increase in performance.
          Not big HWY MPG increase, maybe 1MPG, but huge gain in City MPG ~3MPG.
          Doesn't sound like much but = ~30% which is pretty significant.
          I'd expect similar results from FiTech or Holley...

The beauty of TBI be it fitech/GM/etc., is once tuned, just turn key and go.
          No warmup period needed, no setting the choke, no constantly explaining to wife how to start a carb'ed vehicle etc.

They can also be tuned for performance, crappy MPG, but again noticeable increase in performance.
          Tuning them for MPG, even better MPG, but takes a performance hit.
          All without even opening the hood
          Tony
          88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• R69US
            232 I6
            • Apr 06, 2015

Yeah it's a big step forward IMO. Now that it's had a few thousand miles and I've dialed in the stuff it doesn't really do on it's own (idle, fan control temps, closed-throttle cutoffs, and Accel pump settings) it's a nice driving truck. Most noticeable is around town performance...just off idle and stoplight to stoplight. It just feels a lot more modern.
            I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Comment

• GreenMachine
              232 I6
              • Jun 14, 2002

I didn't notice a big performance gain. I had mine pretty dialed in though before the fitech went on. I wanted it running perfectly with the carb so that I had a good baseline to troubleshoot any issues. My ignition system, fuel tank, fuel lines, intake, exhaust (manifold back) is all new. I have had it shut off on me a couple times and not want to start back for a few minutes but I "think" I have traced it down to a bad connector where the fitech battery wire goes to a fuse block I have on the inner fender. It pulled apart on me when I tugged on it so I'm hoping that was the issue. I drive mine most days when it doesn't rain (have to replace windshield gasket).
              GreenMachine

Comment

• chuckdds
                230 Tornado
                • Feb 14, 2017

settings

Green machine,

Would you mind sharing your Fitech settings? I rebuilt my engine and installed an EFI 400. Runs OK, but not great. Would love to know how you set everything up with regard to fuel settings, etc.

you can PM me if you would like
                Chuck
                Chuck
                1998 Cherokee SE
                1985 Grand Wagoneer Limited

1964 Jeepster (wish I still had this one)

Comment

Working...
                X